cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email - F010762348

ModTeam

Resolved

Hi,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

ModTeam

Update 13/07/23 - This has now been resolved. If you are still having issues, please make your own separate post giving as much detail as possible.

3,132 REPLIES 3,132

Redfos
Tuning in

I’ve recently closed my account with Virgin but still have access to my email address.

I’ve set up email forwarding on the Virgin account to send everything to a new gmail address but it doesn’t seem to be working.

Can anyone tell me how long I will have access to my virgin address and why the forwarding doesn’t seem to be working 

Thanks 

Seems very hit and miss a friend left VM about 5 years ago and still uses his Blueyonder email. 

Thanks for the response 

Hopefully will be open for a while yet 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Redfos wrote:

I’ve set up email forwarding on the Virgin account to send everything to a new gmail address but it doesn’t seem to be working.

What happens when you try to manually forward one of these message?

@Redfos wrote:

Can anyone tell me how long I will have access to my virgin address and why the forwarding doesn’t seem to be working 

90 days after broadband service is terminated all its associated email accounts are permanently deleted; be aware should this not occur then it could happen at anytime afterwards and without further notice.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Seagull_2307
Joining in

Ntlworld email stopped working on my MacBook (Apple Mail).  Initially I could not send emails. I decided to delete the account on the MacBook and then re-install. Apple Mail now says "unable to verify account name or password". I can access my account via Web mail but would prefer it aggregated on my Mac. Help!

F1nut4
On our wavelength

Please help................unable to access my email address on any of my devices! Just continually get the message "connection timed out. Please try reloading the page"

Does my email account need resetting my virgin media? I need access to my emails as I have very important correspondence that I need to reply to  - so this problwm is hugely inconvenient!

TIA

epsi
On our wavelength

Same here, probably a server level issue rather than your account.

F1nut4
On our wavelength

Thanks for the info.......................just really inconvenient. Hopefully someone from VM will get it sorted ASAP!

I've got the same problem just now on all devices. I notice there is planned work for 21st June - maybe they brought it forward. Tried phoning Virgin Media, but not could not report a problem with email - just broadband - which they checked and said it is working - I know it is working cause I'm using it. When I rang up a second time, they tried to put me through to a person, but then said office was closed.

Hopefully it will be fixed when I wake up tomorrow. Would be nice to have more updates on the service status whenever there is a fault like this, or they have changed the scheduled upgrades!