cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email - F010762348

ModTeam

Resolved

Hi,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

ModTeam

Update 13/07/23 - This has now been resolved. If you are still having issues, please make your own separate post giving as much detail as possible.

3,132 REPLIES 3,132

phil44
On our wavelength

I think you're being mischievous, why?

73LEE, just to give you something to think about.
I have Virgin email via Outlook on a laptop & desktop PC & via an Android App on my phone.
Due to the original Virgin failure on the 19th June I had to change all of the email client passwords to use the new Virgin App Password 10 days or so ago.
For the last 2 days, the desktop PC wouldn't connect to Virgin at all, so wouldn't update. Suddenly today, it could connect & updated.

While the desktop couldn't connect, the laptop continues to send / receive fine, but appears not to manage deleted emails (they're still visible, but are marked with a strikethrough) - Why ???
At the same time, my phone has been connecting without any problems & appears to manage deleted emails also.
Go figure !
PS Historic emails have NOT re-appeared in webmail, but surprisingly have NOT been lost from any of the email Clients (Outlook or Android App)

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Glenord1 As you have changed your VM password you will have automatically triggered the new two password system now used by VM Mail.  You need to generate an app password to use with email clients such as Outlook or Thunderbird

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’ve had no historic emails or folders since it all went down but within the last hour they have all reappeared and there for me to access. I also got an email saying that the merge was complete so I can only assume that they are working their way through in some order . 

Ammocamo
On our wavelength

Hi have you had your historic emails returned yet ? I am still waiting for mine two and a half weeks later, thanks.

Sabr
Joining in

On Friday I suddenly stopped being able to access ntlworld emails, I have tried restarting devices reinstalling and no luck.

I either get a message saying the server is not responding, ssl is not available or asking for a password.

I have checked the imap settings and they are ok, what is going on

tkgafs
Tuning in

historic emails have just reappeared, all seem to be present, thunderbird slowly downloading them all !!

a useful program to backup emails is Mailstore free for private use and seems to work well

firegirl
On our wavelength

Ive just checked my webmail and Im so happy....all of my historic emails are back!!!!!.....Im so relieved. Ive since made a gmail account and will never rely on the webmail again for all my important documentation.  As I was told earlier today, be patient a bit longer and hopefully you will get them back too.

hi can you post copy of email please thanks

hi did they just reappear thanks john