cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email - F010762348

ModTeam

Resolved

Hi,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

ModTeam

Update 13/07/23 - This has now been resolved. If you are still having issues, please make your own separate post giving as much detail as possible.

3,132 REPLIES 3,132

Is it possible that you can share this email please... only I have not seen it... and I cannot see my old emails/folders.

thanks

Tony_

@OscarPud22

Great to hear you have your history back. This is the first report of this kind that I have seen. Were you on imap.virginmedia.com? Did you do anything to recover it or did it just appear?

KenM2
On our wavelength

Please share the email.  I've had nothing from VM and as far as I can see, nothing has changed, i. e., 'historic' emails are still missing.

hi did you have to do anything or did they just reappear. what did the virgin email say . thanks john

Hi Matt, thanks for responding. All I hear is "sorry, experiencing problems, teams working hard to resolve". Have problems been rectified? Is it that my account, our addresses are so screwed that it is not the major issues you are working on? Please advise how to get out of this mess. Thanks 

I have same problem. Can no longer access my  ntlworld email through outlook on laptop or android phone. 

This solution did not work. I do not want to access email through webmail as I have other email addresses (non virgin) and want everything together in outlook. 

Glenord1
Joining in

After all the recent problems and as a precautionary measure, I have changed the primary Virgin login passwords for both myself and my wife. Fortunately using the Virginmedia email webpage, I can now use my virginmedia.com email address with full functionality. Although my wife can use her virginmedia.com email in Outlook, I cannot send or receive email with my virginmedia.com address in Outlook. We have not changed our secondary email passwords for Outlook but despite this I am continually prompted to enter my user name and password which clearly the Outlook system will not accept. If I try an Outlook repair then I get: "We couldn't log on to the incoming (IMAP) server. Please check your email address and password and try again". The same problem seems to happen with trying to use my Android mobile and Gmail: "Credentials needed: Enter credentials for .......(my virginmedia email address). I have managed to repair my wife's Outlook account.

Do I need to reset my email password? After all the recent problems would this be safe?

73LEE
On our wavelength

Still no historic emails at my end. Although I did already resubscribe to my historic folders, so they are all there (but empty, of course). Does anyone know if there is a way to save the emails from Webmail? IMAP still isn’t working for me, so I can’t create a PST or OST through Outlook. I would like to be able to save the now 999+ emails in my Inbox (that have landed since 19th June), in case they get wiped out (when / if the historic emails are restored). And more importantly, IF the historic emails are indeed restored to the Webmail (as only one person has reported to having revived their historic emails today), this will also be the first thing I’d like to do (i.e. save them all to a PST or OST file). I already have my own domain bought, and IMAP email set up, and ready to go! Now to continue working through the hundreds of places I need to change my email address! I’ve had my @virgin.net email address for 25+ years, so there is a lot to get through, as I can imagine will be the case for a lot of people! Cheers, Lee

Your IMAP should be working now I think.  If you changed password at all during all of this stuff then know that the Webmail password is not the same as the IMAP/POP3/SMTP password (Could be your fault?).  If you go to the my vm / account settings / account details / at the bottom there's a manage mail app password, if you go into that you can see if it was ever changed - if it says never changed then it's whatever password you had on the main account back when the system was set up (I have no idea of when they did it), but if it says changed and you don't remember doing it then change it there and it'll give you a password like SLAP-FISH-WET-DOG and you use that in your External email Applications.

The only thing you can do through email is forward the messages to another email.  If you do that in bulk it still keeps the same to/from headers (or it did when I tried).

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Thanks a lot mate. Unfortunately, even after changing the password, my IMAP still doesn’t work. I’ll try to forward in bulk to see how this comes through. It will be great if it saves the headers, including the date stamps. Cheers