cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email - F010762348

ModTeam

Resolved

Hi,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

ModTeam

Update 13/07/23 - This has now been resolved. If you are still having issues, please make your own separate post giving as much detail as possible.

3,132 REPLIES 3,132

minimart
On our wavelength

Yes, but my point is about the complaints process itself, that makes it impossible to raise a question or complaint about email, as it is not included as an option for  telephone, internet or WhatsApp conversations. If you can tell me how to speak to a human being at VM, that would be a great help. It used to be relatively easy, but now VM seems to be doing all it can to deflect any contact to its bots. 

Well it’s been 3 weeks and still hasn’t been fixed 

Phil_Harrison
Tuning in

Has anyone had their historical emails recovered by Virginmedia yet? If no one has, I’m guessing they’re lost for good as it shouldn’t take this long to recover lost data from a backup, 

Nope, not had them back...and the lack of transparency for what is really going on is worrying.

Hi

Any idea of the timeframe ? is it this week or this month?

The thought of moving email was the only reason I hadnt pulled the plug following the recent increase

pluggulp
Up to speed

I am amazed to see  that all my historical automatically archived emails are back, going back to 2007. Only those that I isolated into my own folder have gone and those were past caring about. I hope others get the same result or luck asap.

Perhaps my policy of 'leave well alone' has worked for once but it is early days. I will have to keep checking that they do not disappear again.

This does not make sense. Connection to the imap server is intermittent at best. Can't believe a backlog would cause this. just got a message saying imap server has disconnected - please sort this out, it is no longer funny!

minimart
On our wavelength

By the way, my email is down yet again this morning, unable to contact the server. What on earth is going on?

My VM email addresses were working just fine yesterday -- today = nothing.

If there is another 'outage' VM should be updating the thread header, so its 'customers' know what is going on !!?? 

stupid-dogbot
Joining in

Hi,

I have been having issues collecting my emails with 'thunderbird'

vm1.png

Can somebody please advise me what the problems is - I understand there is an issue at Virgin Media.

Had no emails for nearly a week now and it's causing me problems.😣

Many thanks.  Mike