cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email - F010762348

ModTeam

Resolved

Hi,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

ModTeam

Update 13/07/23 - This has now been resolved. If you are still having issues, please make your own separate post giving as much detail as possible.

3,132 REPLIES 3,132

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Joe92, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

Our teams were working through the night to complete planned and essential work to our email service. 
This was carried out overnight to minimise disruption for our email users, but unfortunately we have since encountered some technical difficulties which means email users may be experiencing intermittent issues with their email service. 
We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing and our teams are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Thanks, 

Nat

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 13-24-40 My Virgin Media Virgin Media.pngCould you inform your tech team, they dont seem to think there is any issues at all

Adderblade
Joining in

I had on a long conversation apx 2 weeks ago over no access to everyone of my historic emails. I wasn't happy when the adviser stated 'our engineers are working hard trying to fix this major issue and I will get all my historic emails back by 29/06/2023'. The adviser I was online with logged my complaint but I haven't heard back from VM with any updates. We are now on 1/7/2023 and guess what still no access to my historic emails!? Still waiting for a reply from VM complaints department and an update from VM Faults/Engineers department with a reason why this issue has arisen? I seem to think VM may have lost everyones historic emails and why VM silence is deafening??  I DO EXPECT VM TO COMPENSATE THEIR CUSTOMERS FOR THIS MASSIVE INCONVENIENCE TO OUR SERVICES.

sweepy1
On our wavelength

Hi all....sorry so many of us are still without our email historical folders. When I spoke to the VM helpline on Friday I was told there could be 25k with this issue. I was also told we would get an update on progress this weekend...I don't hold my breath on this promise. Unless I get some clarity by Monday then  I will write to the ombudsman asking him to intervene.

Cheers 

@Adderblade wrote:

I had on a long conversation apx 2 weeks ago over no access to everyone of my historic emails. I wasn't happy when the adviser stated 'our engineers are working hard trying to fix this major issue and I will get all my historic emails back by 29/06/2023'. The adviser I was online with logged my complaint but I haven't heard back from VM with any updates. We are now on 1/7/2023 and guess what still no access to my historic emails!? Still waiting for a reply from VM complaints department and an update from VM Faults/Engineers department with a reason why this issue has arisen? I seem to think VM may have lost everyones historic emails and why VM silence is deafening??  I DO EXPECT VM TO COMPENSATE THEIR CUSTOMERS FOR THIS MASSIVE INCONVENIENCE TO OUR SERVICES.

Highely unlikely.

They will send out a staff email......

What service was that on?

But in a way, the staff member does see it as fixed, VM has marked the fault as fixed/cleared by the looks of it.

Virgin Media is known for not keeping faults open. (Likely so they can avoid Automatic Compensation).

https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/service-status/

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

This is terrible service - my wife has been unable to access any 'historic' emails in her ntlworld account and although mine seemed OK after lastnights 'fix' I can no longer see any of mine - just get errors syncing folders

Disgraceful service

Martin

I was speaking to someone on the web assistant. I do have an update though- Okay, so i don't know if this is the same for everyone else or not. But i'm being issued an I.T ticket because all of my secondary accounts (all of which are years old) are no longer "mapped to my Virgin Media Mailbox" (his words). My problems began after the recently scheduled maintenance and i have not had any problems before then, nor had i changed any settings. 

PI
On our wavelength

The chaos continues!

This is what I was told by an "Agent" today 11:15am on WhatsApp: 

Sorry to know about the historical Email not received yet. But as per the latest update we received from the technical team. The email platform supporting our customers’ VM email will be upgraded overnight.

They’re doing it at this time, when they know usage is at its lowest, to minimize the impact to customers.

After the recent email outage the technical team have decided to bring forward a planned change to move all customers on to an upgraded platform. This change is essential to ensure continued robust email service for our customers.

I asked again if my historic emails would be restored. Virgin are not truly answering the question,  this was the next reply: 

Outage happened on the email accounts were out of virgin media's control and also since it is longer than the expected resolution time, Virgin media is decided to update the email accounts, which can help to get this issue resolved on earliest. So let us wait for this to sorted.

Has anyone else received this information? 

Hi I was talking to a customer service person about the email problem which began on 19th of June, and as an aside they told me that Virgin Media is going to close all its ntlworld and blue yonder accounts within a year or two! Is this true?