cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email - F010762348

ModTeam

Resolved

Hi,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

ModTeam

Update 13/07/23 - This has now been resolved. If you are still having issues, please make your own separate post giving as much detail as possible.

3,132 REPLIES 3,132

I correct myself its gone down since 0500.  My inbox folder is now back at 0939, but unable to send receive.No other folders available.

frankgibb
Dialled in

So the overnight outage solved nothing. My wife's NTLWORLD email is still without "historical" emails.

And now my NTLWORLD email which has been working normally throughout is not sending or receiving emails since 07:30 this morning.

Oh dear.

mamachill
Dialled in

I knew it was too good to be true when we received an email last night sayig that email would be down overnight but SHOULD be up by 6am  ? Firstly it's Virgin Friday is always a very bad day when it comes to services, worse than other days of the week and secondly these days its hard to trust anything Virgin say because half the agents don't seem to even know what's going on themselves, There is always some smug human that points out that these days nobody should use the ISP  but that's like  paying for a coffee in Neros, but then leaving & nipping into Costa and buying another coffee and drinking it?  While Virgins excuse is always that we don't pay for email we pay for Wifi and email is a free add on service, they should realise that  is an excuse that really doesn't carry weight any longer, email is an essential if not crucial part of peoples lives now with everything done online, bank, doctors, utility bills etc, so if Virgin are going to offer mail then either provide an efficient email n or don't bother at all, there's no point in providing it if its going to be so unremarkable because in this day and age that  makes it  unusable..  

As I have already said trust in Axel Wehrle for he is the Messiah. Oh wait a moment, his name is an anagram of Lax Wheeler. As in wheeler dealer?

Prowell
Tuning in

At least we are getting different error messages this time. Moving to Gmail is the best thing I’ve done in ages. Only the insignificant left to move over now. VM is totally unreliable 

After being told that service would be down last night between midnight and 6am, there are still problems - no emails since 06:22 and cannot access emails on the web via My Virgin Media.  I am seeing a message on the service update page saying it will be fixed by 13:00.  I have to get email working asap today even if it is just live emails since 19 June as we have had recently.  VM - please use your website to tell people what is going on.  Note - you say you will tell me via text, but you never 

They do essential maintenance overnight and then ....surprise... Email don't work cos there is "an issue in your area"...

Would that issue be anything to do with them messing around with the system..

The Ministry of Truth in action....

tony_

p-con
Dialled in

Just seen this BS on Twitter,  in a response to someone that said their email wasn't working this morning:

" We have now restored the ability to send and receive emails for all affected accounts. Our teams are continuing to work flat out to restore historic emails into the inboxes of a small proportion of accounts. We apologise for any inconvenience caused"

Unbelievable!

Now I have emails showing up in Webmail that won't download into my mail clients. Couldn't make this up.

Email client now returning 'your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified' errors. I haven't changed any settings.

HenryQ
Superfast

My POP3 account is still working normally but I am still keeping an eye on this thread to follow what is going on.

Perhaps the downtime this morning was an attempt by VM to restore the missing IMAP folders, but they had to back out half-way through.

BTW, if VM Email is free to us, who actually is paying for it?