cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email - F010762348

ModTeam

Resolved

Hi,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

ModTeam

Update 13/07/23 - This has now been resolved. If you are still having issues, please make your own separate post giving as much detail as possible.

3,132 REPLIES 3,132

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lakers wrote:

… I also have tried to reset my Imap password but I cany seem to do it.

Did you sign into My Virgin Media | Virgin Media and select Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > Generate new App password — if an option does not appear or an “Oops” message appears try pressing Ctrl + Shift + R to correct issue.

FYI the App password should be used in Outlook and other email clients

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

lokster
On our wavelength

Will or can you re instate the sub folders ? do you have a time scale ?  reckon gmail will have a lot more clients me included the more the price increases the poorer the service becomes  another week another Virgin outage 

Barbraella
Superfast

I am having a few emails filtering  through, but have lost all my old emails, but the worse thing is, my folders have gone !!!!

Very important information lost !!!

I have looked in Archive, ....nothing !!

I am so so disappointed in Virgin, they have let down so many people and caused so many problems for me and others.

I have now been able to sign in to the secondary account, no billing info which is fair enough, and when I go into email the messages are displayed, and only that account is displayed - again fair enough.

But if I sign into the primary account although both primary and secondary emails are listed the secondary one still says "Validation of server imap.virginmedia.com failed due to invalid credentials".

Suggestions?

Mamba
On our wavelength

To confirm the bits of hope amongst all the frustration, all our home's emails today Wed morning - accessed through clients MozThun and Outlook - are receiving and sending current, but no emails received for period Sunday evening up to now. 

Slow but sure restoration.  Funny that a couple of Mods have just appeared on this forum, but their vacuous comments add nothing to our understanding of the causes and effects.

GrumpyPa
On our wavelength

When can we expect to get access to all those emails prior to 19 June. I cannot access some important documents that I hadn't downloaded.

Jazzysmum
On our wavelength

Mines exactly the same.   I had a folder marked insurances where I had all my car, household jns

reidm99
Up to speed

I'm still not receiving any emails [though I can send ok -tested with my backup Hotmail email].
13:00 has come and gone and the service status page now states:

"We hope to fix this by 23 June at 13:00
Our technician is in your area and is working to fix things.
You might find that your Virgin Media Mail isn't working at the moment.
We are sorry and working hard to restore your Mail service as quickly as possible.
We'll send you text updates on this issue."

23 June? - an entire week without emails? 

Q: is it worth resetting my account password and creating a new app password OR do I wait and see? 

GrumpyPa
On our wavelength

Exactly, we forget that using imap relies on their server. I was reluctant to move from pop where the data was stored on my PC.

I am sure the data will be reinstated, but an apology without some indication of when isn't wonderful.

No, just sit tight and leave it up to VM