cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving VM need to retain emails…help!!!!!!

slske1
Tuning in

Hi, I’m leaving virgin media and they’ve told me I only have access to my emails for 90 days. 
I use an iPhone and I’ve set up a new yahoo email account but I have thousands of VM (ntlworld) emails from the last c. 20 years I’d like to retain!

I’m useless with technology, can anyone explain how I can download/save my ntlworld email folders so I can still access them after the 90 days??

Also, I may need to forward them on after the 90 days. Would this be possible once downloaded/saved?

Thanks! Sarah

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @slske1, and I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to leave Virgin Media.

From a desktop or laptop computer, select an email in the Inbox and tap ≡ > Save as file, then follow your operating system’s instructions to save the file

Do feel free to take a closer look into this link, for assistance on all things E-Mail related.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Thanks David. I use an iPhone to receive my messages and I’ve set up all kinds of folders. Will they still be accessible via my phone when my email address/account closes?

No, you won't have access to the emails/folders once your account closes.

You need to foward all your emails to your new address, creating new folders as you go.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@slske1  You may find this archived post helpful: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Backing-up-your-Emails-One-of-many-solutions/m-p/...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @slske1 thanks for your reply.

We do hope that @Graham_A's guidance towards another Forum post is helpful here, but please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Many thanks

Tom_W