cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't Been Able to login to email for over a year

RequireEmailSup
Joining in

My Email:[REMOVED]

I have been completely unable to login to this email for over a year at this point and VM Phone support have been incredibly unhelpful to the point of fobbing me off to a paid support service because they are confused what i am asking them so thought I'd try here.

Basically, i have forgotten my password but when i try to change it - It comes up with this error.

VM-Email.PNG

When trying to progress from this point though it only says i have to phone up virgin media support, but support doesn't know anything about sub emails on accounts. The main issue i have is this was created for me over a decade ago by my parents so is a sub email on a main account. There used to be a method to change the password from the main email account, but this seems to have been removed.

I have full authorisation from the main account to do this and can provide anything required i just want access to this email as its frustrating that i keep hitting walls here...

Kind Regards,

James

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RequireEmailSup  I have flagged the community moderator to remove your email address from the post.  You should not post personal information in a public forum.

Do your parents still have a Virgin Media broadband account to which this secondary account is attached?

If so then the VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with this password change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello RequireEmailSup

Sorry to hear of the access and password reset issues for your email address, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

As Graham_A has alluded to, can you confirm if your parents or the original services this email was attached to are still active? As per our Terms and Conditions to be able to use an email address there needs to be active services. If these have been disconnected or cancelled it may be the email address has been closed.

If you can let us know.

Rob

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Wasn't there a rule at one time that these email accounts would be deleted if not used for a certain period? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hey Rob,
Yes they are definitely still using the same account for over a decade now that was originally setup and i can give any details required.

as to what jpeg1 said i really hope thats not the case...

Hi @RequireEmailSup, thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. 

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel