cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not getting through

Annaclara
Tuning in

This evening I realised I hadn’t received any emails for several hours. I sent 2 test emails but neither arrived. I feared that I’d been hacked and tried to change my password. I succeeded in changing the my Virgin account password but when I tried to change my email password it wanted me to use a non Virgin email. This made no sense and I was reluctant to do it. I didn’t. Then as I continued to panic, suddenly emails started to come through. My test emails arrived 2 hours after I sent them. Is this a virgin glitch or do I really need to change my email password?? 
has anyone else had this?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Annaclara It was a temporary VM server error that started earlier this evening but seemed to resolve after a couple of hours.  There was then a further delay s a backlog of emails came through.

I suggest that you monitor things before making any changes.  Also it's a good idea to check this forum to see if there are other reports.  You should see that this was raised here earlier this evening.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Is-VM-email-former-BY-down-again/td-p/5480388

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Annaclara It was a temporary VM server error that started earlier this evening but seemed to resolve after a couple of hours.  There was then a further delay s a backlog of emails came through.

I suggest that you monitor things before making any changes.  Also it's a good idea to check this forum to see if there are other reports.  You should see that this was raised here earlier this evening.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Is-VM-email-former-BY-down-again/td-p/5480388

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks! I’d had a message purporting to be from Apple last week that my iPhone had been hacked. Friends assured me that the message was a scam , so tonight’s events made me suspicious! Many thanks for the reassurance

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for raising your issue Annaclara,

Welcome back to the community.

Just to clarify the emails should now be coming through, are you still experiencing issues?

Regards,

Kain