cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Emails from Blueyonder.

fdj12
On our wavelength

Well just come off the phone after 2 days of trying to get my e mail acct and check e mails, was on phone for just over 55 mins, so now my blueyonder acct is now gmail acct, why the change, well something about Virgin not supporting Blueyonder, NTLworld etc, I now have to changeall my bank acct,and other actts to gmail, one thing the lady said was that all my saved e mails in my numerous folderss(15) will be transferred and saved into my gmail account, can somebody please confirm that or deny it LOL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@fdj12  There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding around these username changes even amongst the VM telephone support staff.  Your blueyonder email address has not been changed to a gmail one - there is no way that VM could do that as they have no connection with Google/Gmail.  What has changed is that you now need to use a third party email address as the username to sign into your blueyonder email address via My Virgin Media or VM webmail.

You can read about these changes here: https://www.virginmedia.com/dpb/help/change-my-virgin-media-email-address.

Of course it is entirely up to you if you want to stop using the blueyonder email address and change all your contacts to a gmail address, or any other email for that matter, but VM are not forcing you to do that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@fdj12  There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding around these username changes even amongst the VM telephone support staff.  Your blueyonder email address has not been changed to a gmail one - there is no way that VM could do that as they have no connection with Google/Gmail.  What has changed is that you now need to use a third party email address as the username to sign into your blueyonder email address via My Virgin Media or VM webmail.

You can read about these changes here: https://www.virginmedia.com/dpb/help/change-my-virgin-media-email-address.

Of course it is entirely up to you if you want to stop using the blueyonder email address and change all your contacts to a gmail address, or any other email for that matter, but VM are not forcing you to do that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

fdj12
On our wavelength

Hi Graham,

Thanks for that, im now even more confused lol, i spent 55 mins changing to the new addy, i would much prefer to keep blueyonder, but I have now been told that blueyonder will not be supported by Virgin, what am i to do, go through the whole rigmarole of changing it back to blueyonder from gmail, i do have a lot of contacts on my blueyonder including banks, loans etc etc etc. Please advise if you are able to.

Chhers Dave

fdj12
On our wavelength

And i now get this email.....

Your Virgin Media Account number: [removed]
Our reference: VMIS159-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-F011093358

Your Virgin Media email account may be compromised and you need to take action

Dear Mr Jones,

You have received this email as one or more of your Virgin Media mailboxes has recently been locked due to suspicious activity being detected.

It is important that you:

a. Do a full virus scan on your device with up-to-date anti-virus software
b. Reset your MyVM password to something new, unique to this account and secure.
c. To unlock your mailbox, please go to Account settings. Then click the Virgin Media Mail settings tile. Next, click Generate new App password. Your account should then be accessible
d. If using an email client, ensure you update the settings with the new App Password
e. If you notice any suspicious activity or have any concerns about your primary mailbox or additional mailboxes, please contact us at abuse@virginmedia.com

After resetting your password, your mailbox will automatically be unlocked after 15 minutes.

Please ensure that the above points have been completed to prevent your mailbox from being locked again.

More help and support

For extra advice, or to double-check that this is a genuine Virgin Media communication, head to our community at virginmedia.com/community, click 'Help forum' and join the conversation on the Security Matters board.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Provided that the blueyonder email address is attached to your current VM broadband account it will continue to be supported by Virgin Media.  I have a blueyonder email address and that still works.

You cannot reverse the change of the username once it has been switched to a third party email address. 

What happens when you try to access the blueyonder email address via VM webmail using this link: https://mail.virginmedia.com/  ?  Make sure that you are signed out of any other Virgin Media accounts before trying this.  You will need to sign in with the username that is now the gmail address and enter the blueyonder account password in the boxes on the sign in page.

fdj12
On our wavelength

So just tried to change it back to blueyonder and get this message

Sorry, you can’t change your sign in details to a @blueyonder.co.uk email address, please choose a different email.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As expected.  I did say in my last post that you cannot change the username back to the blueyonder one or to any other VM email address for that matter.

However, as I also pointed out it doesn't stop you from using the blueyonder email address with the new username.

fdj12
On our wavelength

ok thanks