cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email address

An-D
Joining in

Hi All,

I'm having a similar issue to others that I've been reading about recently in this forum. 

I have an old blueyonder email address and after reading through posts about the app password a few weeks ago when I got a new phone, I successfully managed (somehow) to generate an app password and log into my phone's mail app. When I've tried logging into webmail though, I get the same message as others so I used what I thought was my third party email address and password, but I get the same email address / password incorrect messages.

I'm afraid to say that at the time I wasn't paying enough attention to things and just skipped through the steps becuase by that point I was pretty frustrated with the whole app password malarkey.

I've tried a number of passwords for my original BY address and also my third party address and I can request a password reset for my third party address too.

My dilemma is that because I'm unsure how everything is linked, I'm reluctant to reset my third party password in case I can't then generate an app password for some reason and then I might not have any way of accessing my email. 

Is there any way just to reset the PW for my blueyonder address so I can access it via webmail while leaving the app password intact?

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@An-D When logging into the VM webmail page for the blueyonder email address you need to use the third party email address as the username and the blueyonder account password.  Note that this will be different to your third party email address password, unless you choose to use the same one.

If you do decide to change the blueyonder account password then you will also need to generate a new app password to use with email clients.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@An-D When logging into the VM webmail page for the blueyonder email address you need to use the third party email address as the username and the blueyonder account password.  Note that this will be different to your third party email address password, unless you choose to use the same one.

If you do decide to change the blueyonder account password then you will also need to generate a new app password to use with email clients.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if there's any way to definitively confirm what my third party email address tied to my BY address is?

Also, oddly enough, I can still log in to my primary VM account using a BY email address and password without any issues.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi An-D,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced with the email, just to clarify on this is the blueyonder email the primary VM account?

Let us know,

Kain