cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I'm strongly considering leaving

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

Tonight I have been sent a new bill - not a new contract. The monthly fee is being increased from £107.50 to £141.00 so that will be an extra £402 per year. I can't sign in to manage my account as the system for changing your password requires a phone call and the 150 number is not working. The link in the bill to virginmedia.com/currenthelp returns the screen Oh, crikey. We can't find that page.

Then I phoned 0800 064 3854 (on the oh crikey page) and spoke communicated with the robot again. It again sent me a text that I can open but which has no service allowing me to change my password. 

As has often been noted before this is a communication company which has no understanding of the word communication at all! 

14 REPLIES 14

I'd describe it as needle in a haystack rather than luck of the draw, but that's just my experience of course. 

Ally57
Joining in

I cancelled my services back on 3rd September 2023 and they are hounding me for a bill of 204 for a service I cancelled, phoned them and they admited mistake but still want the money useless company 

DAVIEGARDENS
Tuning in

Cancel cancel cancel

ILuvNips
Rising star

I cancelled and moved after something like 27 years. Losing the email was a biggie but I just got a new gmail address and over the month notice period slowly moved it all over to the gmail address. Does sound daunting at first but I’ve used BitWarden for years so it was a case of searching for the ntlworld email stored in BitWarden, logging on to each site, changing the email and then verifying, it was a chore but having a record in BitWarden it turned out to be easier than I thought it would be. All have now been transferred except 2 which are airline membership cards, no idea what is happening with these to be honest. 

I now have a service that doesn’t drop WiFi 5-6 times a day which my Virgin service was doing. Only advice from Virgin for the connection dropping was to cable up, pretty damn difficult to cable up all our mobile phones, tablets and laptops!

In HA7. Billing Area 21.
Utilisation Fault
F003502423: Review Dates -> 07/10/2015 -> 02/12/2015 -> 20/01/2016 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F004873444: Review Dates -> 29/03/2017 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F005506920: Review Dates -> 09/08/2017 -> 08/06/2018 -> 13/06/2018 -> 11/07/2018 -> 12/09/2018 -> 29/05/2019 😞 -> Open 😞

ukracer
On our wavelength

Who did you switch to.

I too have been with virgin in all its previous incarnations.

Blueyonder user group as well but to be fair they have never been good at communicating.

All i want now is fast broadband and voip but dont see why i should pay landline prices for voip especially  as we are being forced onto it.