cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgruntled customer - no better deal

jim1951
Tuning in

I have just had a conversation with the virgin team, I am a 20 year plus customer and they offer me nothing to sign into a new contract, I am disgusted, I’m going to shop around and see if I can get a better deal elsewhere, plus, I will never recommend virgin to anyone ever again

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

If you cancel you might get a better offer (if you still care by that point). 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Once you have done your (some might say basic) research into alternative providers, you will be in a much better position to negotiate with VM retentions - assuming you would prefer to re-contract than cancel.

It's entirely possible that the retentions agent was aware you hadn't done this initial research, and reflected that in the discounts they offered.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

wfw
Joining in

I had a 30 minute conversation with a call centre who offered me renewal at a 140% increase. UK agent couldn't give me a renewal price as the system was down. Told me to get onto the chat with an agent 72 hours later. Tried. Chat doesn't work. I'm frustrated and disenchanted. They just don't seem to care. I was with Sky for 18 years. No trouble. Good customer service. Left on price grounds. Virgin has been dreadful. I'm giving it one last go to get sense from them but if not I am going elsewhere. I share your pain.

Alby41
Up to speed

I hope you get sorted m8tey .. get a good deal ..let us know in the fullness of time how the cookie crumbled ... just saying ...😊