cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal (Work this one out!)

SGTSPITE68
Joining in

So, My contract has come up for renewal...

Received a lovely email from Virgin stating the below,

So my wonder gift for being Soooo Loyal, Is a price increase? No wonder everybody is leaving!

It looks like your contract's ending soon. As a thanks for being a Virgin Media customer, for a limited time only, get the same great package for a little extra a month* by renewing today. *Monthly price shown will increase each April from April 2024 by the Retail Price Index rate of inflation announced in February each year plus 3.9%. See virginmedia.com/prices for details.

You can browse, work, stream, and game just like you do now, and keep enjoying all your Virgin Media benefits, too.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's just standard RPI +3.9%, everyone get that hoisted on them.  However, the question is, if you had any discounts, are they remaining for another 18 months?  Normally discounts are also removed from packages when the contract ends.  Perhaps this is the news they are trying to convey?  

You can always leave and come back in a couple of months as a "new customer" .....  😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alby41
Up to speed

You can always go to another ISP matey , Openreach making extensive inroads into the fibre cable network and renting their infrastructure out to a few ..Vodaphone,EE/BT, ZEN.talktalk .. most will give you a deal and provide whizzo internet speeds some with FTTP as well... you could bo freesat/freeview or stream boxes SKY to one get a recorder bow..NOW do a sports package .... do some research on this ...Trustpilot ... customers reviews can be helpful ... good luck 😊