cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking O2 and Virgin under different names for VOLT

MattyRichardson
Joining in

Cant seem to find a straight answer

My wife has a contract with O2 and I recently signed a new contract with Virgin for home broadband 

The O2 is in her name and the Virgin in my name

Is it still possible to link the accounts to claim benefits

Thanks in advance for any help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MattyRichardson 

Your wife needs to register for the Volt benefits via her https://mymobile2.o2.co.uk/  account

Info below from https://www.o2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2 

Applying your Volt benefits

If the name on your Virgin Media broadband account matches the name on your O2 mobile account, your Volt benefits will be added automatically within 14 days, unless you were already a customer of both before 18 October 2021, in which case you'll need to go into My O2 to activate your benefits.

If your broadband and mobile accounts are in different names, or the names don’t match (eg Chris and Christopher), you’ll need to activate your Volt benefits in My O2, and they’ll be applied within 14 days.

You'll also need make sure the address on your O2 account matches the address on the Virgin Media broadband account, whether it’s in your name or someone else in your household. If they don’t quite match, you can edit your address in My O2.

If you’re unsure, you can check in My O2 seven days after you’ve placed your O2 order. If you think everything's correct and still aren't seeing the options to activate your benefits, give us a call on 202 from your O2 mobile.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MattyRichardson 

Your wife needs to register for the Volt benefits via her https://mymobile2.o2.co.uk/  account

Info below from https://www.o2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2 

Applying your Volt benefits

If the name on your Virgin Media broadband account matches the name on your O2 mobile account, your Volt benefits will be added automatically within 14 days, unless you were already a customer of both before 18 October 2021, in which case you'll need to go into My O2 to activate your benefits.

If your broadband and mobile accounts are in different names, or the names don’t match (eg Chris and Christopher), you’ll need to activate your Volt benefits in My O2, and they’ll be applied within 14 days.

You'll also need make sure the address on your O2 account matches the address on the Virgin Media broadband account, whether it’s in your name or someone else in your household. If they don’t quite match, you can edit your address in My O2.

If you’re unsure, you can check in My O2 seven days after you’ve placed your O2 order. If you think everything's correct and still aren't seeing the options to activate your benefits, give us a call on 202 from your O2 mobile.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the response

I have just had very mixed responses from support

One said as long as the addresses match it's not a problem but another said if names are different it won't work 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @MattyRichardson 

It doesn't matter if the names don't match, Volt is applied to the household so it's the actual address that needs to to match exactly.

A made up example below if the address doesn't match.

VM account : Ed Case 3 Nut Lane Loonesville Scilly Isles LNY BIN 

O2 account: Ima Case 3 Nutt Lane Loones ville Scilly Isles LNY BIN

In the above example the O2 account has Nutt with two t's, and Loonesville as two separate words - you would change that address to match the one shown in the VM account (ignoring the different names) 

If you need to then when changing the address in the O2 account a verification text is sent by O2 to the O2 sim number to confirm iit is the account holder changing the address, and the O2 account should then be updated so the address matches and the Volt benefits are then applied but this can take up to 14 days.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.