cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake leaflet?

WilfMorgan
Joining in

Hi all - I received a leaflet today saying broadband is now available in my area. (Virgin Media have been doing work around here over the last few months). I replied to the 'Register your interest' section with the info it asks for.

Afterwards (I should have done it first) I went on the website to check if it was actually available in my area and it says it isn't.

So my question is; is this leaflet a fake one sent out by scammers?

I've tried to phone Virgin Media but couldn't get through. I also used the WhatsApp channel but the person tried selling me some other stuff and didn't answer my question. I wondered if someone on here has some knowledge of this?

Thanks

Wilf

20240213_172543.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Looks OK to me but don't share bank details unless via the official website or sales line. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Looks OK to me but don't share bank details unless via the official website or sales line. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes, the leaflet looks genuine and it wouldn't really give me any reason for pause except the website doesn't match. It could just be a lack of keeping everything up to date (different departments etc). It would just be good to get confirmation from someone at the company. A lot of scam artists are relatively easy to spot but some are very sophisticated. TBH, if they were scammers, I'm sure they would have called me back by now lol..!

Thanks again

Wilf