cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgraceful service

StephenCasey79
Joining in

I am writing on here as unable to make a complaint due to me moving house. Virgin Media seem to think I know longer have an account and unfortunately, when I try to speak to anyone more senior to get a honest answer all I get are more false promises about the installation date at my new address.

I notified you around the 8th March that we would be moving house. I searched online and was reassured to see that I could get Volt installed at the new address and even get faster speeds. Not long after notifying you of the move, I was informed that the installation date would be 25 March 2024 as there needed to be some external work. This was fine as our move date was the 22 March.

On the 21 March, I then got notification to say that the installation date had changed and would now be the 9 April 2024, citing that external works needed to happen before the installation could be complete. I rang the call centre at the time and they said there was nothing they could do. To cover this gap, we have been using an EE sim only data card to access wifi as my wife works predominantly from home. To date this has cost us £70.

I then arranged to be at home for the installation on the 9 April, only to get a text message the night before on the 8 April, informing me that the installation date has again been pushed back to the 24 April. I immediately rang the customer service team, who informed me that this was due to external work that was needed to be completed outside of the property. I informed them that they were aware of this in March and it wasn't good enough. I requested to speak to a supervisor, but wasn't allowed to do this. I was then told that this would be escalated and I would get a call back within 24 hours.

I never received a call, so called again on the 9 April. I was told the same thing that it was due to external works needing to be completed and that someone would call me within 2 hours with an update. No one called back.

I then called again on the 10 April, and this time informed that it was due to delays with council planning as they needed to dig the road etc. but the work was due to happen, so give them the day to get this sorted. Again, nothing happened.

I have just called again and been informed the work could take up to a week, but couldn't confirm for definite when this would be and they would look to install ASAP afterwards.

Not only is it costing me money every day to cover this lack of service, but it is also proving difficult to work effectively. When I try to get answers to all I feel like is that I am being lied to. I follow the Virgin company and used to use you as a beacon organisation whilst delivering training, but after suffering at the hands of your customer services, I don't think I will be any more.

I was told that Virgin Media was available at the new property - this is a lie, if it was available, it would be installed by now.

I was told I would get a call back within 24 hours - this was a lie

I was told I would get a call back within 2 hours - this was a lie

I was told to give them 24 hours for the external work - this was a lie

Hopefully you can see my level of frustration with all this. All I want is an honest answer and for this to be resolved ASAP. At the minute I am refraining from putting this on LinkedIn and messaging Rachel Barrass. Can anyone help point me in the right direction. All I want to know is when the install will happen and then I will look at compensation for 2 missed installations and for the 20 odd days and counting that I am without your services, not to mention the data top ups we have had to do on our sons O2 phones and the amount of data we're using on EE.

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @StephenCasey79 

Welcome to the community forums 

So sorry to hear about customer journey and experience you have had with your home move and installation. This is very disappointing to hear, and I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we want to provide. We understand this can be frustrating but unfortunately delays do happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network to our customers.

From what you've detailed here it does sound like the team are waiting on permission/permits from the council to allow the necessary works to go ahead and should be provided with a provisional install date which can change if the works are not completed in time before your internal install. 

We can raise the complaint at our side and assign this to the correct team to chase any available updates for the external works. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley