cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Renewal Question Related To Volt and O2

jonr2012
On our wavelength

Recently renewed VM BB and TV for another 18months. My original package included the VOLT Sim Only from O2. Took advantage of the Wifi Pods, etc. but my renewed contract does NOT mention O2 sim card.

Now I've renewed VM though, and have all the VOLT benefits applied, I would like to take out a different (cheaper) Sim Only deal with O2, but still with VOLT benefits so I don't lose them on the VM side (basically I want my Wifi Pods to carry on working). So, is that possible, since my original 18month O2 contract has expired? Or will it affect my renewal contract / services I currently have?

Thanks, hope this make sense. My renewal package below...
Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 13.32.40.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi jonr2012 

I've just renewed my volted VM contract and taken out a cheaper O2 sim deal.   

I actually took out the new sim deal via uswitch (it's a lot cheaper)

As part of the process it gave me the option to log into my O2 account, which I did,  and I then replaced my current sim card with the new one. This cancels the out of contract O2 sim but means I keep the same sim number and don't need a replacement sim card sending out. The new O2 contract is for 12 months so I'll have the option in a years time of continuimg on that O2 tarif or taking out a new one.

Following that I received an email which says," We're just confirming that on 23/05/2024, we changed the tariff on my sim number  to Sim Only Plan Affiliate, 50GB, Unlimited UK Minutes, Unlimited UK Texts. This includes your supercharged benefits for being with Virgin Media too. 

MyO2 shows "Congratulations - you’re all set for supercharged benefits, just for being with Virgin Media and O2"

Double mobile data and a broadband speed boost when you're with both Virgin Media and O2.

Up to three WiFi Boosters at no extra cost, plus O2 Travel.

Please note you won't get another broadband speed boost as it's only one per broadband account.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi jonr2012 

I've just renewed my volted VM contract and taken out a cheaper O2 sim deal.   

I actually took out the new sim deal via uswitch (it's a lot cheaper)

As part of the process it gave me the option to log into my O2 account, which I did,  and I then replaced my current sim card with the new one. This cancels the out of contract O2 sim but means I keep the same sim number and don't need a replacement sim card sending out. The new O2 contract is for 12 months so I'll have the option in a years time of continuimg on that O2 tarif or taking out a new one.

Following that I received an email which says," We're just confirming that on 23/05/2024, we changed the tariff on my sim number  to Sim Only Plan Affiliate, 50GB, Unlimited UK Minutes, Unlimited UK Texts. This includes your supercharged benefits for being with Virgin Media too. 

MyO2 shows "Congratulations - you’re all set for supercharged benefits, just for being with Virgin Media and O2"

Double mobile data and a broadband speed boost when you're with both Virgin Media and O2.

Up to three WiFi Boosters at no extra cost, plus O2 Travel.

Please note you won't get another broadband speed boost as it's only one per broadband account.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali