Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sky sports mix recordings no longer work

Favad
Joining in

hi 

I have some recordings from sky sports mix that now give an error message

sky sp mix is no longer available from virgin media

and it no longer lets me play the recordings.

I understand sky sport mix has been replaced by sky sports mix hd but is there any way I can get the recordings to play.

I still have access to sky sports mix hd in my package

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Superstar

Hi Favad,

Virgin dropped the SD version of Sky Sports Mix sometime in January, usually when a channel changes you can still watch the recordings for 3 months the exception was when the BBC channels changed in 2022 the BBC recordings were available for 12 months.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Were your recordings from Sky Sports Mix SD or Sky Sports Mix HD?

They're different channels, and as mentioned, VM only now carry Sky Sports Mix HD - the hidden metadata to allow access to legacy recordings is usually held for 3months, and Sky Sports Mix SD has now been archived.

It's a reminder that VM TV recordings are not intended for long-term archiving but short-term timeshift viewing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Favad wrote:

hi 

I have some recordings from sky sports mix that now give an error message

sky sp mix is no longer available from virgin media

and it no longer lets me play the recordings.

I understand sky sport mix has been replaced by sky sports mix hd but is there any way I can get the recordings to play.

I still have access to sky sports mix hd in my package

thanks

Sky normally closes down access to recordings on channels it has removed from VM packages immediately, so you are lucky they worked for a while. The background metadata from the removed channel is now no longer being broadcast, so the box can no longer unlock them & you have no option but to delete them.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks