cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netflix & prime on a v6 tivo

chriscsmith
Joining in

I have a problem with both Netflix and prime via a tivo v6 box. i am getting heartily sick and tired of re-starting the v6 unit every 2 to 3 days just to watch items (both series and films) i have either started and not finished or i have just bookmarked only responding with the error message "tvq-pb-101(5.2.12)". i have read all the forum information i can find (and much of it seems to have disappeared from 2024) but NONE of the solutions provided have worked.

both work correctly and do not fail if i watch directly through my TV.

this is NOT the service i have signed up to and i am terribly afraid that if this continues it will be "bye-bye Virgin" when my contract is due. it is getting to the stage i am starting to wonder if, actually, Virgin is in Breach of Contract for not providing the service i have signed up to. does anyone know if this happens with the new 360 boxes as i have been nagged to change my v6 for one of these.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this can't be resolved via remote action, I rather suspect even a replacement V6 would.

It sounds like some kind of caching issue within the app, given the reboot clears it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You shouldn't have to reboot your V6 that frequently to use any streaming app, I certainly don't! And the many users on here who still use V6 don't report anything similar either.

Equally swapping to a TV360 to mend this issue would be a bit like converting from Apple to Android (or vice-versa) because of a settings issue. A saying involving sledgehammers & nuts also feels apt.

Can you be a bit more specific about when this error is encountered, and what you've tried by means of resolution?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

chriscsmith
Joining in

japitts, this all started for me about 6 months ago starting with netflix and then progressing to amazon prime after a while.

both services load correctly, i can search all the options and shift up and down the options in the left with no problem. i can open any series/film with no problem, new to my list or part way through.

it all started with the selected item playing for maybe 1 minute then crashing out with an error report of "tvq-pb-101(5.2.12)". this has now progressed to the error message appearing almost immediately as i start a movie/series.

the only way i found to start the items again was a full shutdown of the v6 box, pull the power cord, wait 30-40 seconds and then start all over again. it would then work for 2 or 3 days with no problem. it is now not allowing me to watch the selected items at all, it goes straight to the error msg as soon as i press "play".

there is an option on the netflix app to allow the user to check the connection speed - mine came back as 107.06 Mbps. i find this rather odd as i am on the 1Gb service and this comes back with a line speed of around 950Mbps when checked on virginmedia's own speed checker! the helpdesk people were concerned as well.

i can watch either netflix or prime with no problems if i go directly from my tv, avoiding the v6 box.

hope this helps some as this is starting to more-than somewhat annoy me!!

regards   chris smith

i opened a ticket with the helpdesk yesterday (docket no. 75284297). both people i spoke to were VERY helpful i must say and advised me to monitor the problem for about 1 week then call back.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this can't be resolved via remote action, I rather suspect even a replacement V6 would.

It sounds like some kind of caching issue within the app, given the reboot clears it.

hi japitts, many thanks for that, how do i go about getting a replacement v6 box then. is it just a call to the helpdesk? have you got some sort of reference number i can use to point the helpdesk in the right direction or do i have to go through the whole thing again with them?

regards chris smith

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM staff do respond on this forum, if you're prepared to wait a few days.

Hi @chriscsmith 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with accessing your streaming apps via the set-top box. 

Checking the systems at our side we can see that you've been in touch and this is with the team to investigate further.  

In the meantime, does checking the HDMI, changing the HDMI, or trying the HDMI cable in another port in your TV to see if this resolves the issue? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

good morning carley, many thanks for your reply.

i have been in contact with one your monitors (japitts) in the forums and he has been very helpful to me. please see below his solution to my problem:

"

if this can't be resolved via remote action, I rather suspect even a replacement V6 would.

It sounds like some kind of caching issue within the app, given the reboot clears it."

i have done all the things you suggested quite a few times but the solutions only lasted a couple of days - very frustrating.

hope you can either suggest anything else to try or put me forward for delivery of a replacement v6 unit.

regards, chris smith

Hi @chriscsmith,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm very sorry to hear that your issues appear to be ongoing.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!