cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin V6 box issues - flashing symbols

av_OG
Joining in

Issues with my v6 TiVo box at the worse possible time.

Yes Euro 2024 is here and what happens during the opening game my box decides to error on me. Both symbols in the window have been flashing and the power button is cycling between red and white. What does this mean? I’ve tried switching it on and off. It’s the same situation, Help!!! I’m having to use my firestick in the meanwhile ☹️

IMG_5777.jpeg

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey av_OG,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV box at the start of the Euros.

Having looked into this, I can see that you have spoken to the team already and have arranged an engineer visit to resolve the issues. 

If you get the chance, please do let us know how the visit goes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both those symbols indicate a loss of in-home connectivity between your V6 & broadband router, which will cause issues with EPG updates & all OnDemand/streaming services. This forum can easily help with that - is the connection between your V6 & home-hub, wireless or Ethernet cabled?

They should not affect your live TV service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Internet issues should not cause the power indicator to cycle. Check your power leads going into the box. Also check that there are no stuck buttons on the remote.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks