cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box sometimes unresponsive

jenfamily1
Dialled in

Hello everyone

I have three V6 boxes in my home, all of which are left on with the 'white' indicator showing. Normally we switch on any of the 3 TV's connected to them and the Virgin menu appears immediately. We have ,however noticed on a number of occasions that when switching on our main Lounge TV, No virgin menu is shown and with the green button on the remote pressed, the V6 box doesn't turn off ( to show the red indicator )

Although we have to turn off from the wall socket for a few minutes and then turn back on and wait for the system to 're boot' which does the 'trick' I'm sure something isn't right! Does anyone have any ideas what could be the trouble?

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What you're describing, sounds to me like HDMI handshake issues. If you switch the TV on with the V6 still "on" with white LED, try selecting the relevant HDMI input on your TV remote.

I would also try experimenting with the V6 power-saving options, see if the 2 or 4 hour timeouts make any difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks