cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box keeps freezing

borolad59
On our wavelength

My TiVo box keeps freezing. When I rewind the programme it stutters, breaks up and pixelated. Is there a solution? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not mentioned any issues with live TV so I presume that's OK? If you're only having problems with anything recorded - which includes paused & delayed programmes, that suggests a hard drive fault.

You should contact TV faults (or wait here, if a couple of days delay is OK) and report the problem - they should arrange a tech visit, and assuming you have VM home broadband, your TiVo will be replaced with a V6. It runs the exact same stable TiVo-software but on a much newer, quicker box with 6 recording tuners rather than 3.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not mentioned any issues with live TV so I presume that's OK? If you're only having problems with anything recorded - which includes paused & delayed programmes, that suggests a hard drive fault.

You should contact TV faults (or wait here, if a couple of days delay is OK) and report the problem - they should arrange a tech visit, and assuming you have VM home broadband, your TiVo will be replaced with a V6. It runs the exact same stable TiVo-software but on a much newer, quicker box with 6 recording tuners rather than 3.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

borolad59
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply. I’ve realised my box is a V6 box and on live TV it freezes, when I rewind the live TV it  breaks up and pixelates . 
Sorry for the confusion 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your V6 is freezing on live TV, then the recordings are just copies of that pixellation.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @borolad59,

Sorry to hear of the issues faced with your TV, can you confirm if following any of the steps given you have been able to get an improvement in your box or is it still the same?

Joe