cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service and second TV box deactivated

KStevens99
On our wavelength

Yet another issue with my son's V6 box. Over the last couple of months it has been failing to record programmes with increasing regularity. When the programme fails to record if you try and play the recording it will come up with an error message that says the following -

Error playing recording

The TiVo box was not able to record this programme because there was no video signal on the channel. You may have been trying to record on a channel that you don't receive.

This is despite very much receiving the channel he was trying to record on. This happens on a variety of different channels and he has kept the failed recordings as evidence. Also a few months ago he got the green error screen saying there had been a 'serious error' and it took a few hours before it went away.

It seems to me that the V6 box is on it's last legs so as I am a paying customer I'd like for someone to come round and fix the issue. Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

3 REPLIES 3

KStevens99
On our wavelength

For some unknown reasons the mods deleted the comment about the issues I was having with my son's V6 box that I posted this afternoon. Virgin staff deleting a customer saying that a V6 box they pay for is not working is not the way to handle customer service.

For a few months now my son's V6 box has on occasion had faults with programmes he has recorded not working. This issue is becoming more prevalent. When you try playing the faulty recording it comes up with the following message.

Error playing a recording

The TiVo box was not able to recordthis programme because there was no video signal on the channel. You may have been trying to record on a channel that you don't receive.

This is despite very much having the channel that my son was trying to record on. My son's V6 box also had the green serious fault screen (green screen of death) a few months ago, so I'm guessing the V6 box is on it's last legs.

Why on earth a mod felt it ws acceptable to delete my previous post earlier today I have no idea. It's completely unacceptable to treat a paying customer this way. I would like someone to come out and have a look at my son's V6 box.

As to the mod who deleted my previous post - if you delete this post then I will just post again until you have the common decency to treat with me with a bit of respect.

[MOD EDIT: Post merged to single thread]

Hey KStevens99, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having various issues with your TV boxes.

Let me send you a DM and we can run some tests and find out what is happening. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@KStevens99 

All your posts are listed on your profile page https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/884306 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks