cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone else logged into my netflix app

Rosemarie1231
Joining in

Hello,

I was charged premium Netflix to my bill, so checked the app on my tivo box & an unrecognised account is set to use the app.

I have tried logging out of the app multiple times but it logs back in everytime.

I have called virgin who says I need to speak to Netflix....called netflix who say I need to speak to Virgin.

Has anyone else had this issue or fixed? The account is registered as email [MOD EDIT: Person info removed]

I have googled this email address & it comes up with an Algerian netflix selling site. 

Neither Virgin or Netflix seem to want to help with removing this account from my box so I am stuck with someone else watching netflix through my tivo box using my internet...

Many Thanks in advance

20 REPLIES 20

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rosemarie1231, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you are having an issue with getting this resolved. 

This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am experiencing the same issue with my newly replaced TiVo box. No one seems to able to help me from VM and I have a charged £16.99 extra per month since January. Can you please help?

Hi jj_pandya,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Netflix app.

We can certainly look into this and see what we can do to help. 

I will private message you now. 

^Martin

ozsat
Superstar

It isn't just VM users getting hacked with their Netflix accounts, Sky users are reporting the same thing. In fact even direct Netflix users have the problem.

It is a Netflix problem - but something they don't seem keen on resolving.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hi I'm having the same problem. £10.99 charged to m bill and my Netflix app signed into someone else's email. I already have a Netflix subscription which I pay for direct. Phoned Virgin and they said they said they would cancel it and refund the £10.99 but they didn't cancel it and I had to go into my account and cancel it myself. After having recording issues with my tivo box I've had this replaced so I've been able to sign out of the other account and sign in with mine but ive not heard anything from Virgin about the refund 

CazzaH
Joining in

Hi I'm having the same problem. £10.99 charged to m bill and my Netflix app signed into someone else's email. I already have a Netflix subscription which I pay for direct. Phoned Virgin and they said they said they would cancel it and refund the £10.99 but they didn't cancel it and I had to go into my account and cancel it myself. After having recording issues with my tivo box I've had this replaced so I've been able to sign out of the other account and sign in with mine but ive not heard anything from Virgin about the refund

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello CazzaH, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with the billing for Netflix on the account. 

In order to look in to this further, I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few details. 

This will be available via the red bar at the top of the page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Abell3090
Tuning in

I’ve been having the same issue for 4/5 months now. With absolute no help from virgin media. Would anybody be able to help me before I cancel my internet and tv package? 

wotsupnow
Joining in

Hi, I have this too. My vm email and password was used after a site I used had its data hacked. I have now changed mine but found that netflix was added. If I go into the app on the v6 it is in some foreign language. Netflix need email associated with , which isn't mine. Vm say they can cancel app but netflix will keep billing vm.

Spent last 3 hrs going between nettlix and vm.

How do I  stop this.