cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programs in "My Shows" are listed as REC####

martynco
On our wavelength

My parents phoned to say most, but not all their "My Shows" are listed as REC#### where # are numbers, not sure how many numbers. A couple are listed by the show names. I wondered if their V6 had become disconnected from the Internet so the program guide had not been updated. I talked them through going to the network services and ran through the "Connect to Virgin Media Services now" and that all worked OK.

I wondered if anyone can confirm if it had been disconnected in the past would this be likely to cause the recordings from that time to be listed like that? Or if anyone has any other suggestions about the cause?

Does anyone know of a way to fix the existing shows so the program names in listed in place of the REC#### labels?

I will check with them if future recordings seem to have the names correct now I am confident the EPG is up to date and there is an Internet connection on the V6

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,

Martyn

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a photo of this error, please?

In the meantime, how is your parents' V6 connected to their home-hub, for it is this which provides the onward internet connection. If it's wireless, there are additional variables to consider.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

martynco
On our wavelength

Hello japitts,

Thank you for your help.

I can't post a screenshot of my parents screen, they are in there mid -nineties and live in an area that has no mobile coverage so they don't have mobiles and I live nearly two hours drive away and my wife has terminal cancer so I can't leave her to visit them at the moment. What they say on the phone that the issue is that many of the saved shows are listed as REC####, where the #'s are numbers, for example "The Last Leg" is on my screen.

IMG_20240309_175235.jpg

Their house is a fairly solidly built older house so we could not get a WIFI signal from their Virgin router which is in a different room at the other side of the house. We tried powerline connectors but they were not very successful so I set up a Linksys Atlas Pro 6 Velop Dual Band Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System (AX5400) system which seems to be working well for them, the V6 box has a Wired Ethernet connection from the local Linksys unit next to the TV and V6 box. I did check that it was all connected to their V6 box this evening when they told me about the issue, although I cannot say there has definitely not been a drop out at any time and that it had not recovered since the drop out so I had not seen it.

Thank you again for your help,
All the best,
Martyn

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There doesn't appear to be any evidence of "most, but not all their "My Shows" are listed as REC#### where # are numbers" in that photo?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

martynco
On our wavelength

No as I explained I cannot get a picture of my parents screen so I included 'for example "The Last Leg" is on my screen' as you did not seem to understand where the REC entries were listed. 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey martynco,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that your parents are having with their TV box. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L