cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITVX cannot stream

goodfellow11
Joining in

Ok so contantly loosing any streaming for ITVX all4 etc will play the advert then go to black screen or yellow circle rotating .tried reboot works for a day had v6 box replaced last week .will I have to call them out again for this problem again .shouldn’t have to put up with this 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How is your V6 connected to your home-hub? This is what provides the internet connection for OnDemand & streaming.

Hard-wired Ethernet is best, to eliminate the additional variables with wireless connectivity.

Do you have the same issue with C5 & Sky OnDemand programmes? These don't use apps, hence the check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goodfellow11
Joining in

All cables ch3cjed and ethernethardwired affects all streaming apps itv x all 4 my 5 

Thanks for reaching out to us @goodfellow11 and I'm sorry to hear of the issues streaming the services on our set top box.

I understand that you have since been able to speak to our team in relation to this matter.

Do please feel free to keep us in the loop with any updates you're able to gain and we'll be on hand to assist further, if this is required.

Thanks,

David_Bn

nellyb87
On our wavelength

I'd be really interested to hear what Virgin team member said. I have the same problem. Issue with all new V6 boxes?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@goodfellow11 wrote:

affects all streaming apps itv x all 4 my 5 

When you refer to "my5", are you meaning the Channel 5 branded app? Or standard OnDemand programmes accessed via the V6 menu, but branded as "my5"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Engineer came yesterday tried few things changed  hub to wireless connection ..streaming worked last night 

but again this morning no streaming on ITVX all 4 etc he-is going to ring back tomorrow to check status but this is getting annoying as no streaming since 21st feb but no refund on account either except when enigineer didn’t turn  up in feb and got 25 pound 

Hi goodefellow11

We're sorry to hear this issue has reappeared - we can see that there is an update regarding your case which we'd like to share. I've dropped you a PM so I can provide the details. 

Thanks,

Beth

Beth