cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR Green screen

maureenleslie74
On our wavelength

IMG_8677.jpeg

Got this issue. Called Virgin after hours of the box restarting itself trying to repair. Call handler said he couldn’t book an engineer to replace the tv box as there is an outage in my area. According to what I have read online this error is nothing to do with an outage. It’s a hard drive failure in the tv box and needs replace.  They refused to hook an engineer.  Virgin website is buffering constantly so unable to do anything on there.  Can someone from Virgin please respond and book an engineer.  I have no tv and the internet is crap 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That tech visits can't normally be booked with an existing outage is correct. We've been told there's a facility to override this where the fault is clearly hardware-related, on that basis it may be quicker for you to callback and speak to someone else.

If that fails, post back and this thread can be flagged for pushing to the top of the staff queue. Your internet issues will be unrelated and best start a post in https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/bd-p/Speed 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Maureenleslie74,

Thanks for posting this on our Community Forums, we are sorry to hear about your TV Box fault!

This issue does usually need a technician visit in order to check the equipment and replace it if necessary, however visits cannot be booked during a local outage so it was just a case of bad timing! Sorry for the frustration it caused 😥 

I can see that you managed to get a visit booked in, could you let us know how it went and if you need any further help? 

Thanks,

Megan