cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catchup never works - error 669

Ostragobulus
Tuning in

Catchup has never worked, I have a  2024 Samsung 95C and LG E9 TVs  both of which carry HDCP 2.2 and my HDMI leads are certified to 8K.

My V6 box runs through an up to date AVR with HDCP 2.2 and HDCP 2.3.

I have also tried connecting the V6 box directly to the TV which makes no difference..

Virgin Customer Service tell me that Catchup only works with HDCP 2.2 which obviously I have.

Do the experts have any advice please?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you still using a Lindy converter HDCP2.2 to HDCP 1.4 and also a unit which is supposed to remove HDCP altogether,  a splitter between the V6 and AVRr as per your post < here > ?   If so this could be the issue

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tavis75
Super solver

Is the AVR Denon\Marantz? Virgin boxes seem to have issues with them for some reason, the only streaming\catch-up services that work on my V6 are iPlayer and YouTube, everything else fails (all other devices are perfectly fine), Running a recent top-end Marantz amp with HDCP 2.2 and 8K JVC projector which is also HDCP 2.2.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you drop your video output to 720, does this make any difference? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices >  Video output.

I don't believe HDCP applies to 720, only to 1080 & 2160. Something to eliminate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks