cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute 80’s recordings

Dazzy42
Joining in

I keep getting a thing coming up on virgin saying the radio channel is ending on December 13th & I record forgotten 80’s on Absolute 80’s on a Sunday night, does this mean I won’t be able to anymore?

8 REPLIES 8

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dazzy42 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your concern. It is true that Absolute 80’s is being removed from service and as such you would not be able to record this channel anymore unfortunately. 

The Bauer radio station channels are leaving the TV guide from Wednesday 13 December are;

1. Absolute Radio (915)
  2. Magic (928)
  3. Absolute 80s (951)
  4. Absolute Classic Rock (952)
  5. Kiss FM (963)
  6. Planet Rock (924)

After this date 360, V6 and TiVo customers can use the Radioline app to listen to the stations.  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Bauer Media have closed all satellite distribution of their radio stations, so they have been removed from Virgin, Sky & Freesat. The only way to get these stations now is via DAB radio or the internet. You have internet radio on your box in the form of the Radioline app, albeit without the facility to record.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi. I have the Radioline app, and all was good, but Absolute isn't appearing any more. Do you know if Virgin have lost access completely?

Thanks.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Click72 

I've just performed a quick search on the radioline app by typing in absolute and it shows the following  channels : - FM-Absolute 90's, Absolutely Love,  FM Absolute Trance (Euro) Radio, Absolutely Hits Radio, Absolute Dance, and FM-Absolute 70's Pop Radio,   

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

cje85
Trouble shooter

They don't sound like the UK Absolute stations. They don't operate any with names like Absolute Love, Trance, Hits etc. 

Richardr1
Up to speed

It looks like very few of the Bauer owned channels are on Radioline at the moment - a quick looks shows none of the Absolute stations, Kerrang, Scala, Magic, etc. [in a few cases there are overseas stations with the same name, but not the UK version].

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think it’s no coincidence that Bauer have now launched their own radio app, along with a paid-for tier if you don’t want the streams interrupted with yonks of advertising.

https://hellorayo.co.uk/ 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The channels are still available on regular freeview (terrestrial TV via aerial) so there's the possible option to record to a usb flash drive, maybe a cheap one such as those available from my memory /usb-flash-drives.html  and /usb-c-flash-drives.html 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali