cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 query and new contract offer.

regentroad5
Up to speed

I've received an email from Virgin offering me a new contract (my current one expires 27th July 2024).

My current contract shows I have a V6 box. However the new contract they are offering shows "Virgin TV 360".

What are the ramifications of this please? Will I need a new box or remote control? Will all my recorded programmes be lost?

I'm inclined to decline this offer and re-negotiate when my contract is closer to ending in a month or two, but will appreciate any comments and advice.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Changing to Horizon V360 is a complete firmware platform change via download, & a voice control remote. Recordings are not compatible across platforms so the HDD will be reformatted as part of the migration. Horizon is totally different to TiVO, & several major features are missing owing to TiVO patents. Unless you are taking one of the services (e.g Paramount+, Disney+) that are not available on TiVO, there is NO compulsory migration to Horizon at the moment & you can ask to keep your TiVO V6 as it is.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Changing to Horizon V360 is a complete firmware platform change via download, & a voice control remote. Recordings are not compatible across platforms so the HDD will be reformatted as part of the migration. Horizon is totally different to TiVO, & several major features are missing owing to TiVO patents. Unless you are taking one of the services (e.g Paramount+, Disney+) that are not available on TiVO, there is NO compulsory migration to Horizon at the moment & you can ask to keep your TiVO V6 as it is.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To add to the previous answer, because of the total change of TV operating system, any CS agent should at the absolute least be advising you of the option to change.

Whether you accept the invitation is then your decision, but if they've not even mentioned it, that doesn't seem entirely honest to me.

A conversion to TV360 should either be the result of an accepted invitation, or a request. It should never be assumed.

roy247
Community elder

If you click on the "reply or accept" link in the email you will probably be automatically "updated" to 360.

Your best bet is to call Virgin (150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone), and select the "leaving option" and speak to retentions to make sure you get the best option that you want either 360 or V6 and TiVo. It will also give you the chance to do some research on the forum about missing TiVo features that you may or may not use, and compare alternative options for price negotiations.

Stephen_Bubbles
Dialled in

Don't do it. 360 is absolutely awful 

regentroad5
Up to speed

Many thanks for all the replies which I have found highly instructive and helpful.

When receiving the offer from Virgin, I clicked on the "recontract now" box, which has generated another email from Virgin - "Pre-Contract Documents".

However, fortunately, I have not ticked any "acceptance of offer" boxes, and from the very useful information given by members on here and my own enquiries, I have decided I have no intention of taking up this particular offer of a new contract from Virgin.

Hi @regentroad5 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your query regarding TV 360.

You can find all you need to know about TV360 here https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/virgin-tv-360 Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs