cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to 360

smallfacesmikey
On our wavelength

Hi everyone - just wondering how I upgrade to 360 from my current V6 box. There’s nothing on the website about how to do this and can’t seem to find anyone at Virgin Media who can help.

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

If you have a 4K TV and the V6 is upscaling to 4K try setting the V6 to1080 and let the TV do the upscaling, the TV probably has better upscaling quality than the V6 box, japitts might be able to help with the best setting on the V6.

My LG TV will upscale better than the 360 it's more noticeable on some content than other, particularly dark scenes where there is less artifacting. The only downside on the 360 is if you output at 1080 if you then try to watch some 4K it says you can't so you have to switch back to 4K in the 360 settings. I think you can set the V6 so you don't have to do that but it's been 3 years since I had V6.

Have a good Xmas 🌲🎅

Great advice - thank you! I shall try that!

happy Xmas!

PeteT41
On our wavelength

JEEZ   DONT DO IT     The marketing is all great and how easy.   I ordered my new remotes.   THEN they switch me ove without me asking.  Spent last 2-hours on phone to support.  They now need to send me 2 more remotes   OH and you need to re log into all your apps   AND you loose all recordings    Not sure where the upgrade is yet!    And my broadband is now on go slow too!!!

PeteT41
On our wavelength

Maybe you need to tell your ops and marketing team to check things work before going live

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PeteT41 wrote:

The marketing is all great and how easy.  ....OH and you need to re log into all your apps   AND you loose all recordings

The "update" to TV360 is a complete change of TV box operating software, thus the box is reformatted.

This certainly isn't made clear in the email I received today, I would assume it's mentioned somewhere in the links.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks