cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to 360

smallfacesmikey
On our wavelength

Hi everyone - just wondering how I upgrade to 360 from my current V6 box. There’s nothing on the website about how to do this and can’t seem to find anyone at Virgin Media who can help.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most importantly, this is not an upgrade but a conversion. It's very similar to saying that changing from Apple to Android (or vice versa) is an upgrade.

TV360 is a completely different TV platform to TiVo/V6, with many substantial differences. If you are certain that you want to migrate to TV360, you should be able to request it by calling VM. You will be sent a new remote, and the TV360 software will be pushed to your V6 and the box reformatted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most importantly, this is not an upgrade but a conversion. It's very similar to saying that changing from Apple to Android (or vice versa) is an upgrade.

TV360 is a completely different TV platform to TiVo/V6, with many substantial differences. If you are certain that you want to migrate to TV360, you should be able to request it by calling VM. You will be sent a new remote, and the TV360 software will be pushed to your V6 and the box reformatted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

roy247
Superstar

You wouldn't have been a small face's fan by any chance.

Just to add to japitts answer I don't know who you spoke to at Virgin because they are pushing you to change to 360.

You might miss some of the TiVo feature's if you do migrate to 360, I would do a search on this forum first and then if you still want to change, (there's no going back if you don't like it), your best bet would be to phone Virgin and select the "leaving option" and see what the best deal they can offer because it might mean a change to your contract.

Thank you for the advice. I’ll have a think over Xmas and see what the benefit is. I’m hoping the HD quality will be better. Have a great Xmas.

Thank you for the response. Much appreciated. Seems like there are pros and cons so will weigh up. Is the HD any better on 360? It’s not the best on my V6.

Have a great Xmas and apparently I looked like one of the Small Faces when I was younger!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The channel sources are identical, there may be some minor differences in the upscaling but the hardware is the exact same.

What are the issues you're having with HD picture quality? Changing to TV360 to resolve PQ issues is a little like the sledgehammer & nut analogy.

Hi - the HD quality is really average and the compare of say BBC1 on Virgin and BBC1 direct through the TV Ariel is very noticeable with the direct option being much superior across all the HD equivalent channels.

Don't do it. The forum is full of folks regretting 'upgrading' (and there's no way back). 

Thank you. Yep I’ve just started seeing all those. I think I’ll leave well alone as it’s not brilliant right now so don’t want to make it worse.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your HD PQ is poor on the PSB channels compared with Freeview, there's something awry with your setup - it should be at least equal.

Your HDMI chain would be the first place I'd look for the cause.