cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpairing 360box from tv

Neil74
Tuning in

All was working perfectly using my 360 remote to operate tv and stb. I then connected hdmi to a projector which the stb says it is now paired to. When I disconnected the projector and reconnected to tv, the box will not unpair the projector. I have tried resetting both box and remote but no luck. I go to “pair remote with devices” then “change tv setup” but it just comes up with connection problem cs9993 now. Any help please? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The online fault page /tv-error-codes/tv-error-code/cs9993  suggests it's a known fault and VM are wworking hard tto fix the issue.

However in the past when I've had the CS9993 error it's been due to the 360 box not recognising that it's connected to the internet. (You haven't connected the projector to an ethernet cable and left it plugged in there have  you?)  This has prevented me changing settings and accessing apps and catch up services. I normally find rebootng the 360 fixes this, although sometimes i need to also reboot the hub.

It's also worth connecting the 360 via ethernet cable if possibe, if not then if you aren't using one of VM's pods then it may be worth splitting the SSID and try connecting the 360 box to the 2.4Ghz  band

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

Was the reset of the box a factory reset or just a power cycle reboot.

I would try a factory reset of the box using the "keep recordings" if you haven't tried that and make sure the projector is powered off.

You could then try a factory reset of the remote.

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have tried all of the above and no luck. Looks to be a bug with the box. Very frustrating.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The online fault page /tv-error-codes/tv-error-code/cs9993  suggests it's a known fault and VM are wworking hard tto fix the issue.

However in the past when I've had the CS9993 error it's been due to the 360 box not recognising that it's connected to the internet. (You haven't connected the projector to an ethernet cable and left it plugged in there have  you?)  This has prevented me changing settings and accessing apps and catch up services. I normally find rebootng the 360 fixes this, although sometimes i need to also reboot the hub.

It's also worth connecting the 360 via ethernet cable if possibe, if not then if you aren't using one of VM's pods then it may be worth splitting the SSID and try connecting the 360 box to the 2.4Ghz  band

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Neil74
Tuning in

Finally solved it. Everything was running through an amp/tuner. I disconnected that and ran hdmi directly from 360 box to tv and reset everything. It then recognised the tv and I was then able to reconnect everything through the amp/tuner and it still paired to the tv thank goodness! Thank you for the advice and help!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Neil74 

Thanks for updating the thread.

Glad you've managed to solve your connection issue.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.