cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 SCART/RCA Out

xerxes991
On our wavelength

Hello just got my TV360 box. I would like to be able to get component output from it, so that I can send signal to a remote TV which has coax aerial lead going to it. I presently do this with my Humax Freesat box, using its SCART output via an RF Modulator box. Obviously not HDMI, but ok for my purposes.
It seems there is no SCART output from the TV360. What are my options please?

Hard wired HDMI lead not practical, and wireless prob no good due to thick walls. 
So, back to my RF Modulator box option. 
Can I get component output from the TV360 by using a HDMI splitter and a HDMI to RCA converter? And would that still give me a good HDMI signal to main TV and a decent RCA which I can send to my remote TV? 
Thx for any pointers. 

21 REPLIES 21

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Connect the output from your two sources to an HDMI switch. Feed the switch output to the DVB-T modulator input (which then drives your second tv through the coax at 1080). The modulator I linked to in my previous post has a loopthrough HDMI circuit, so then feed the HDMI output from the modulator to the main TV.

Both TVs now working in HD off the same source. Job done!

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well, I think I will go for the "entry level" option, using a cheap HDMI to Composite converter to feed my existing RF Modulator, and see what happens.

I'll go with this:

https://amzn.eu/d/hDeYEK1

Thanks for your help - I will report back....

xerxes991
On our wavelength

Ah sorry, I posted earlier before I spotted your last note on the next page. Basic forum newbie error!

Your solution looks very elegant and I may come back to that if I want to send HDMI to other corners of the house. For the moment, my remote TV is a modest thing sitting above the kitchen sink, so full HDMI may be more than I can justify.

Thanks again,

Steve

Honestly, you need to get into the 21st century and dump all the legacy kit. You need TVs with HDMI inputs and just have a single HDMI switch or splitter to carry the output from the 360 to the TVs.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Haha! Yes, I’m sure you’re right. The only issue is how to carry the signal around the house, given that HDMI leads are awkward to pass through 18” walls and along gutters etc. 
So my choices seem to be:

1) Digital Modulator into (existing) coax cable, which is easy to do, but a bit pricey. 
2) HDMI extender over Ethernet cable. Cheaper than 1) but would need to run and terminate a lengthy Cat6 cable. 
See PW-HT202P(POC) HDMI Extender 165ft/50m Lossless Transmission Over Single Cat5e/6 Full HD 1080P Support 3D EDID One Power Supply (UTP+Transmitter and Receiver) https://amzn.eu/d/8PbMZkm

What are the pros and cons of each?

HDMI into a digital modulator for coax output makes me cringe.

The HDMI extender supports up to HD but your 360 can output UHD, HDR, 5.1 audio and Dolby Atmos, so why are you crippling your viewing pleasure? You can get a 360 mini and VM will install the coax for it, and the same drilled holes can be used for an Ethernet cable as well.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Oh dear - sorry if you find the digital modulator option cringeworthy 😁. But remember that it is just for a 22" wall mounted TV in the kitchen, to allow me to drift from living room to top up the wine glasses without having to stop the programme that I'm watching. It's never going to be used for UHD, so I certainly don't want to be paying VM an extra tenner a month for that.  And there is no room to hide a big chunk of hardware behind the kitchen TV. 

I suppose I was really looking for a budget way of getting reasonably crisp HD (or even SD) synchronised duplication of my main TV for occasional use. Yesterday I fitted the HDMI to Composite converter and I can now get an analogue signal to the kitchen TV, so that is progress, but it would be nice to get a sharper picture.

Thanks for your thoughts - I'll keep on looking.

Hi, I'm wondering if this device (Easycel HDMI to AV), did actually work? I have more or less exactly the same scenario as you described (scart, via RF modulator, to coax to a remote wall-mounted TV in the kitchen for a mirror image, which worked fine for years on my TiVo box). However I now have the 360 box and I’ve bought this device but it's hopeless. The sound is just a distorted buzzing and the picture is minimised to only a quarter of the screen. I bought an even cheaper lead to my RF modulator, which is from the 'Scart Out' connection on the 360 (not sure what this is called, 9-pin DIN?) to RCA phono (red, white, yellow). This at least gives me a full screen picture, albeit very hazy, but again the sound is just a buzz, so again this isn’t the answer. 
Is there any solution to getting a picture to my remote TV or should I resign myself to giving up on this now that I have moved to a 360 box?

Many thanks, Harry. 

xerxes991
On our wavelength

Hello Harry, and sorry for the delay in replying. I decided to bite the bullet and go for a digital modulator, in line with previous advice from Nodrogd.

So I bought on eBay a Triax MOD103T box. Got it for about £65 (new price about £200, which I didn't think I could justify). The RF output from the Triax connects into my aerial feed and can be used by a TV anywhere else in the house that is connected to the aerial RF system. Of course those TVs would need a tuning scan to pick up the new signal at channel 900 (or whatever). I could have just fed the HDMI through that box and connected the pass through HDMI cable to my TV. That would just have allowed me to replicate the output from the TV360.  But I added a splitter to the signal from the TV360, and then fed one of the two outputs to the TV, and the other to the input of a 3-way switch which then connects into the Triax. Other feeds into the 3-way switch are my old Apple TV Box and my BluRay player. 

So I can now watch these other feeds on the kitchen TV, or watch the TV360 output. 

The picture on the kitchen TV is excellent. However the sound was just a horrible buzz.  I seem to have fixed this by changing the Audio settings on the TV360 box to PCM2.0. This might mean that I now have suboptimal sound out of the box, but frankly I haven't noticed. It works beautifully and I'm very pleased with the outcome. 

Harry, you mentioned the buzzing problem with your analogue solution - it may be worth trying to change the TV360 audio settings from Auto to PCM2.0.

The only frustration that I now have is that there is about a 1 second delay in the signal at the kitchen TV compared with the main TV, presumably due to the digital processing. I can live with that. 

Hi xerxes991, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am happy to hear that you have managed to get this resolved and if you need anything please let us know. 

Have a good new year. 

Chris.