cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Guide not up to date and not for the first time. The guide is not keeping up with what is advertised.

Alan74
Joining in

surely when a program overruns it is possible to advise the viewers. Today it was at 13:30 World Challenge Europe motor racing was advertised and F1 overran previous 2 programmes, causing the guide to be out of date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did the EPG match the broadcaster's published schedule for these programmes? If so, it's operating as designed.

On Freeview & Freesat, I believe the broadcasters have direct access to the EPG to make amendments in close-to real-time.

This is not the case on VM, where EPG updates go through a third-party process, partly because of the additional data carried. In any case, it's always been this way - and live event overruns can never be legislated for.

I'm not familiar with the specifics of how TV360 operates, but TiVo/V6 certainly prompt you when recording live events, whether you want to add additional recording padding time afterwards.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did the EPG match the broadcaster's published schedule for these programmes? If so, it's operating as designed.

On Freeview & Freesat, I believe the broadcasters have direct access to the EPG to make amendments in close-to real-time.

This is not the case on VM, where EPG updates go through a third-party process, partly because of the additional data carried. In any case, it's always been this way - and live event overruns can never be legislated for.

I'm not familiar with the specifics of how TV360 operates, but TiVo/V6 certainly prompt you when recording live events, whether you want to add additional recording padding time afterwards.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

I always use the Advanced options when recording F1 and add 3 hours to the scheduled recording in case there's red flags and the race is extended, also this usually means I can watch the follow up F1 scheduled programmes without setting separate recordings.

If you are watching any live events and there is a chance it will overrun it's best to use the Advanced options and extend the recording time.