cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update 5.09

thrice
Fibre optic

Software version 5.08 arrived not so long ago and now version 5.09 has started to roll out, appearing on my 360 boxes yesterday. This can only be another minimal update as I have not noticed anything obviously new. The info on the settings page is, as usual, unhelpful.

5 REPLIES 5

1701-e
Superfast

After previously saying they'd put more information there, now it's the default under the hood blurb 

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @thrice 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that the information page for recent updates have not provided any helpful information for you. 
I will feed this back to the team for you to see if in future updates they are able to provide more/additional information regard the updates and what has been done/changed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

thrice
Fibre optic

When is an update not an update? Three weeks ago my 360 boxes updated to software version 5.09. Yesterday, a popup informed me that my boxes had been updated again. I went to the 'Info' page and found that my software was still version 5.09. How very odd.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hiya thrice,

I'm still on version 5.08 but this has happened to me a few times, on this and previous versions.

On a side note, go into the 360 Settings > Audio & Video  and either go to Change TV set up or Change amplifier /pair remote to audio system and see if there are still two keyboards there, as this may be one for the 5.09 updates.  (The Dutch (although their updates aren't always the same as the UK's so can't really be used to compare) have removed what they call the  'flo' keyboard)  see images below for what I think may be the 'flo' keyboard

Clipboard01.jpgClipboard02.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Newapollo,

The small keyboard symbols are no longer there on the 5.09 update. It seems very trivial if that's all there is for this update. I suspect there must be more somewhere under the hood.