cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports UHD Upgrade

biondani
Dialled in

Asked for the price to upgrade to add Sky Sports UHD to my Ultimate Oomph package today which has Sky Cinema UHD and Entertaiment UHD already active. I was told it will be £10 as Cinema UHD is no longer included as part of the bundle so they would have to remove it and then charge me the full £10 to add it back. I am already paying £116 per month (3 x 360 boxes, Ultimate Oomph with 1Gb broadband).

So instead of me upgrading I am now looking at my options to leave totally. I have been out of contract a few months and Virgin are refusing to look at any discounts as I am already out of contract. A few times they have asked me about changing to their new packages which result in less services/channels for more money.

Ian

18 REPLIES 18

tmleafs
On our wavelength

Yup, cost of living crisis and they are pulling this crap with their top-paying customers on the Ultimate bundles, if you're going to try adding it to my package for £7 I might as well move to Sky now that you can get 900meg internet there too and just keep switching every 18/24 months

What I just got sent on webchat
"Yes, but with the bundle you have now is our old bundle in which Sky UHD was inclusive and the new Ultimate bundle does not have Sky cinema UHD included so it actually cost 6GBP extra and for Sky sports UHD and movies UHD it will cost you 10GBP so offered it for best price."

Pretty much the same was said to me. I am not asking to be updated to the new bundle I am asking to have something added to my existing bundle. I am waiting to talk to a manager as not accepting that I have to pay for something that is supposed to be included in the bundle I already have.

Ian

tmleafs
On our wavelength

I said, I wasn't happy and after 20 minutes I got this

"I am sorry that it is taking more than expected time can you please get back to us after 2 hrs to check if this is been resolved?"

If you are out of contract just call the retentions team and say you want to cancel your contract. Then you will receive a call from the first person. Now in my case the first person offered me the best deal I could get, which means you should get an offer of £60 for Ultimate Volt package. If they offer you a higher price for this say no and carry on with cancelling your contract. Then the second person will call you and this one will ask you what would you want and you at Ultimate Volt package for the price as it is advertised for new customers, £60 and then they will say OK and then you make sure to have everything included into your package (Netflix standard, 1Gig broadband, Sky sports and Sky cinema in HD, Sky Entertainment and Cinema UHD and the newly added Sky sports UHD). The worst they can say is to offer you this package at £67 or £70 which is anyway more cheaper than you're paying now. Good luck 

JohnFourty
On our wavelength

No F1 UHD so won't be getting any more money from me 🙂

F1 will all be in UHD there's no F1 channel it will be on one of the three UHD channels

There is an F1 Channel. 506

tmleafs
On our wavelength

@Paulpal67 wrote:

There is an F1 Channel. 506

No dedicated F1 UHD channel is what I meant

The F1 will be on one of the three UHD channels. 

Bad timing for me as I have just put in my cancellation notice and have taken delivery of a Sky Puck for F1 UHD this season. Interested to know the picture quality between 4K UHD on Sky and VM platforms as the difference between HD quality was night and day after Virgin re-encoded and compressed it again.