cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrill sound when using microphone function and deleting recordings .

Gavlar6
On our wavelength

The shrill sound is emitted,usually, in the evening after a few hours use. I normally, watch breakfast tv until about 9..00 am , about 90 mins use, and then switched off until 12 noon. After continuous use until 5.00pm the fault starts to occur. The box does not feel hot. After 5.00pm every time I change channels using voice control a shrill sound is emitted, in addition this occurs when I delete a recording, manually,

I and not sure if the sound emits directly from the 360 or sondbar. Has anyone else noticed this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

See ozsat's advice on a similar thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/360-remote-paired-with-Panasonic-audio-keeps-send...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

ozsat
Superstar

Is this a high pitch noise that occurs just as you change to some channels?

@Gavlar6 wrote:

The shrill sound is emitted,usually, in the evening after a few hours use. I normally, watch breakfast tv until about 9..00 am , about 90 mins use, and then switched off until 12 noon. After continuous use until 5.00pm the fault starts to occur. The box does not feel hot. After 5.00pm every time I change channels using voice control a shrill sound is emitted, in addition this occurs when I delete a recording, manually,

I and not sure if the sound emits directly from the 360 or sondbar. Has anyone else noticed this?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Gavlar6
On our wavelength

Hi, the sound occurs on all channels and also when using the rewind and forward buttons. It has now started to emit the sound all the time when using any function on the remote. To try to remedy the problem, I have switched off the 360, allowing it to cool, but with no change.

ozsat
Superstar

Are you using a Panasonic tv?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Gavlar6
On our wavelength

Yes, a TX-40EX700B.

See ozsat's advice on a similar thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/360-remote-paired-with-Panasonic-audio-keeps-send...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Thank-you

Gavlar6
On our wavelength

Thank-you