cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung remote not connecting to updated v6 box

Alex893
Tuning in

Hi,

I recently updated to  M350 Volt speed boost. and my TV box had a software update.

the problem is that I had a Samsung voice activated TV remote which I was able to control my TV box however since the update to the m350 the remote is useless.

I have tried to configure the remote but to no avail, as far as Samsung is concerned the new box setup does not exist.

I have looked on the net but anything that has been suggested has not worked.

Alex 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Have you tried pairing the Samsung remote using Ziggo Mediabox Next which is what the 360 is known as.

Another one that has worked for Samsung is Pace  DCR7111.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Superstar

Have you tried pairing the Samsung remote using Ziggo Mediabox Next which is what the 360 is known as.

Another one that has worked for Samsung is Pace  DCR7111.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Alex893 wrote:

and my TV box had a software update.

A V6 runs TiVo-software. The update you've requested is a completely new operating system that is fundamentally not TiVo. Your TV360 now runs Horizon software, and is no longer a V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Alex893 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry that you have faced these issues regarding your TV service, and a big thank you to our community members roy247 and japitts for their help so far. Have you been able to try their advise? 

Thanks Roy247, I tried yous Pace DCR7111 and it worked .Everything is back as it should be. Thanks again.

Hello again, i wonder if you can tell me if there has been some sort of update with the  VM box as i am now experiencing an issue with my samsung remote and the VM box. The issue is that when i try to do anything such as change channel or look up information about a programme i have to press and hold the button before anything happens, even the voice control does not respond. I will add that the samsung remote works fine when using it on the tv apps and fire stick. 

Hi Alex893,

Thanks for coming back onto your thread to ask this question, sorry this problem with your Samsung remote has cropped up!

We can't see whether there has been an update unfortunately, we don't have this information to hand sorry!

We've checked your TV service on our side and ran some diagnostics, however everything looks okay. 

As there are no issues on our side, we would recommend looking at the 3rd party remote - Have you replaced the batteries?

We would also recommend checking Samsung's website for help with their own remotes 👉 Samsung Remote Issues.

Please feel free to come back to us if you find a resolution 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L