cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings gone

PA5656
Joining in

Any ideas?  Previous recording have all gone today, turn on tv/ box, went to recordings and it says I have 0 recordings ! 
I had a few. I understand they can’t be retrieved but am right to assume a box issue?

I’ve been unable to access the on line chat service. It simply does work so virgins offer of help is an empty promise 

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Looks like it might be a wider fault https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/I-have-a-360-box-Suddenlg-today-all-my-recordings... 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

roy247
Superstar

Hi PA5656,

If the 360 has deleted your recordings and planned recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it does it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111  from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could also try a factory reset of the 360, and if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

Hi @PA5656 

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry for the issue with your recordings!

If you can please confirm if you've been able to review the post from @roy247 and come back to us, we'll be in a better position to assist you further.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Spent a longtime last week trying to get a response, Vurgin Media “customer service “ isntbrealybisvut! It is clearly designed to waste your time or put you off. I do wish these web designers would actually test their work. Anyway after a long chatbthevkadyvordered me a new box delivered in 5?days.  5 day came and went - no box. Had to start over, hope this time it  arrives Seems the lady Inchatted to didn’t actually follow up the order but barked it as sorted! 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @PA5656

Can you please confirm if you have since been issued with any updates in regards to the replacement of the box you're referencing?

Thanks,

David_Bn