cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Films

MrsReaper
Joining in

I have a problem recording films where the film is split into two parts (Great Movies, Movies 24 & other channels that show movies in multiple parts excluding advert breaks) where it is split by Movie News or other short 5-minute programs - it records the first half of the film but doesn't record the second half of the film even though the "Record" indication is showing, it also fails to list the second half of the film in the "Planned" list - it only lists the first half of a film.

Has anyone else had this problem or have a suggestion on how to cure it - or should I contact Virgin to have either replacement boxes or an engineer's appointment? (I also have this problem with the extra Mini-box)

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MrsReaper 

If you do a search you will see that there are a few threads on the forum with this problem.  However it generally relates to episodes from series and not movies.  The issue has been escalated and we are still awaiting an update/resolution.

In the meantime the workaround is to click the record button, then when the options screen opens to click on Advanced Options. From there click on Extra time after  and change it to either 2 or 3 hours. Then scroll down the list and select Record.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MrsReaper 

If you do a search you will see that there are a few threads on the forum with this problem.  However it generally relates to episodes from series and not movies.  The issue has been escalated and we are still awaiting an update/resolution.

In the meantime the workaround is to click the record button, then when the options screen opens to click on Advanced Options. From there click on Extra time after  and change it to either 2 or 3 hours. Then scroll down the list and select Record.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, Thank you for that, I will give it a try, take care & stay safe

Same issue, I've tried extending recording time but when double checked it had gone back to end on time.  Must be something to do with the 5 minute entertainment programe in between 

Hi Lisa,

Try setting a series link when setting the first part of the film that should then pick up the second part of the film.