cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reboot - will it delete recordings?

McKenzie34
Joining in

Is there a risk of deleting recordings when you reboot or is it safe enough.have a lot to watch dont want to lose them

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi McKenzie34 

Rebooting the box won't affect your recordings. In fact rebooting the box is one of the first things customers are asked to do whenever there is a fault with the box.

The only things (apart from a faulty hard drive) that should affect your recordings is if you perfrom a full factory reset, however there are two types of factory reset.

If you ever want to perform a factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. There you will see 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choosing Keep Recordings means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your advice,appreciate it.