cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing two remotes to new 360 box

jmkirk14
Tuning in

Good evening

I’ve seen previous posts about pairing multiple Bluetooth remotes to V6. I need to do the same with my new 360 box and second remote I’ve got from Virgin. ?? Stuck anyone got info how to do this or have done it. 
Thanks

70 REPLIES 70

thank you John_GS much appreciated

martingg
On our wavelength

This 360 remote issue looks to be still ongoing a year down the line. Why has virgin not grasped the nettle and dealt with it. There is an easy solution out there and they could make some money on it supplying extra remotes. I have got round this issue by using one for all remotes. Currently I am using 2 OneForAll & one original virgin remote downstairs and they all work well ant upstairs I have two OneForAll remotes they also work well one of these is an older type(no longer available but it is back lite. The older one is a bit more clunky to work so may change it for a newer version but no back lite versions now available from OneForAll).This ignoring customer requirements by Virgin is why I will be moving to a different cable company Community Fibre as soon as they open their network up to my road. This and the continual dropout of broadband I am getting ( 5 min here 10 min there on a regular basis). Virgin used to be very reliable 10 years back (I have been a customer for 20years+ going back to when it was Blueyonder) but no longer the service is rubbish. The only reason I have not jumped ship is that they are still the fastest when it works ( community Fibre is just as fast and could work out cheeper and from what I hear more  reliable)

Agree with martingg, this thread has been on going for over a year so It does not look like Virgin media support is in place. The work around is the all in one remote but you lose the microphone (best feature about the 360 remote imo). I am still waiting to hear back from 2-3 universal remote suppliers with microphone support if they will allow me to return the item if it does not work but no info yet I think that answer is a given atm, I don't fancy spending £50 on remotes that won't work but its reaching that point.

The helpful answer marked as "completed" is by a technician saying press 0 and tv button to pair the new remote, its not even an answer or solution since they misunderstood the question.

Engineers, technicians and staff cant always get these things right, its the customers that use it 24/7 so they actually find more faults or problems then they ever will.

There really should be an "Feature request" and also "360 bugs list" and it should be stickied to the top of this section, this would allow customers to provide feedback and get improvements to virgin media in one place. Engineers, technicians or staff could then check it and fix or add.

Just a bit of an update with the lack of 2 remote pairing. I spoke to someone at VM who has contacts with technical support team the new 360 remote no longer uses IR (infrared) but now uses RF4CE which is a two-way protocol. So basically you won't ever get to use 2 remotes on the 360 Virgin media V6 box unless you use the all in one remotes mentioned previous page.

I suspect its due to the microphone being 2 way, they needed the two way protocol. Sky Q customers face the exact same issue and have had to resort to all in one remotes also.

I bought an One for All URC7145 Evolve 4 remote but the one for all urc7125 should work fine also. Followed the instructions to pair it to my TV first, then paired it with the 360 V6 box.

It works well here are some tips:

After pressing the magic button to pair it with your TV and Virgin media box, press the TV icon button (button right under the TV button) this combines both the TV and STB(Virgin media box) together so they work as one single remote. This part is very important otherwise some buttons and features won't work.

Play button won't work but since the button is combined with play and pause, so press the "II" pause section of that play/pause button and it doubles up as play and pause instead.

The red standby on/off button may not work, my samsung TV has that thing where you have to hold the red power button for 2 seconds to switch it on and same again for OFF. So if you are hitting the red standby on/off button and its not working, hold it down for 2-3 secs and it may work.

Overall the URC7145 Evolve 4 remote is good enough to get around this issue, I do have some buttons not fully working like menu button on the TV but one can press TV button to 100% control the TV and then do what you need to do as normal on the all in one remote or use the learning button to assign missing buttons, then just remember to switch back to that all important TV picture icon (button under the TV button) to re-combine both the TV/STB so they work as one unit. Don't avoid doing this otherwise buttons/features wont work. 

The Learning button attempts to get around the lack of some buttons not working however it does not work under the combined TV/STB mode so its a bit naff but at least you can flick back and forth if really needed doing the above.

You can buy these on Amazon for around £14-17, I got mine on clearance for a tenner on ebay.

If All in One or someone else creates a universal remote with Microphone and supports RF4CE protocol, Ill buy it and come back and let you know if it works.

Hello there, I think your username says its all really, For such a helpful and informative reply.

Thanks for being a Topbloke.

Gareth_L

Looks like Sky took the 1 remote per box complaint and fixed it so 2 remotes can be used with their Q box.

"Pair the first one which will be IR only (no voice) then hold down 4 & 6 to turn off Bluetooth (4 red lights). Then pair the second one which will have voice control. Voice search will only work on one remote per box, but everything else works"

So Sky added a software update to their Q set top box to get their problem fixed. At least we now know its fixable by a firmware/software update.

If any Virgin media engineers are reading this and what to help the elderly and vulnerable, it would be most appreciated it.

Rayek22
On our wavelength

I've been reading this thread with interest an found it very informative

However I have a virgin streaming box which uses the 360 voice remote, which I understand to be Bluetooth. I thought all in one remotes were IR only

I have been trying to find a universal remote to control TV, firetv cube and the virgin box. Therefore I would need a Bluetooth/ IR compatible device.

I have come across the Sofabaton U1 and X1 which do this. I've not tried yet as I'm not sure the streaming box will operate with the universal and the original remote together like the IR devices do.

Any thoughts on this

Thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Rayek22,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

To clarify have you purchased this remote?

Also are you only able to navigate with the remote through voice?

Regards,

Kain

All you do is program the One For All remote with the Virgin Box set as "Ziggo Media"

sorry can u explain where I find ziggo media??

I have my new remote but don't know where to connect it up to

Hey Barbdriver, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are struggling to find Ziggo Media.

Please can I confirm what TV you have is it a LG for example?

Once you connect your box up your TV should ask you to set it with on the providers, from here it will be a big list you should see Ziggo Media from here. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?