cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing two remotes to new 360 box

jmkirk14
Tuning in

Good evening

I’ve seen previous posts about pairing multiple Bluetooth remotes to V6. I need to do the same with my new 360 box and second remote I’ve got from Virgin. ?? Stuck anyone got info how to do this or have done it. 
Thanks

70 REPLIES 70

Hi Dasco

360 is 4K if talking to a 4K TV. Once that’s established, Full HD can be added and they will downscale. Only full HD (1080) not HD Ready (720). Connected by standard HDMI cables. Two of them at 10m. Quality is fine. If Full HD TVs are older and don’t support HDCP 2.2 then you have to disable HDCP via dip switch. 

One remote at a time ? Completely moronic, totally pointless technology choice ... but not particularly surprising. Higher customer prices, **bleep**tier kit has always been the Virgin Media way forward.

lew247
Tuning in

I need two remotes paired for the 360 box as both me and the missus have a remote each
We are used to doing this on Sky Q so why can't we do it here?

If we cannot them I'll have to seriously consider cancelling and staying with Sky

Fubb55
Joining in

We use our mobile phones you get the same controls using the the TV Control app plus you have your phone keyboard for quick searching.

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello @Fubb55 

For the v360 I am afraid the the TV Control App will not work as that App is for Tivo based boxes like the v6 or Tivo, all of the controls for the v360 are built into the Tv Go app.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thx for info I’m getting 360 today good to know you can still control from phone on the GO app!

philr123
On our wavelength

Hi I was wondering if anyone found a solution if I had known this I wouldn't have upgraded

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello @philr123 

For which problem, if it is the 2 remote pairing then there is no solution as it isn't possible.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm thinking of upgrading to Sky Q or to the Virgin TV 360 and want to distribute the TV to the bedroom with the requirement for 2 remote controls. It appears that neither Sky Q nor TV360 support two paired remotes but from the Sky forums I've discovered you can have one bluetooth pair remote and another remote that uses IR. This is sufficent for me since I'll route the TV to the bedroom using a HDMI modulator that supports a magic eye so I'll be able to use an IR remote in the bedroom. Would the TV360 support one paired remote and one remote set up in IR mode?

@johncla77 wrote:

I'm thinking of upgrading to Sky Q or to the Virgin TV 360 and want to distribute the TV to the bedroom with the requirement for 2 remote controls. It appears that neither Sky Q nor TV360 support two paired remotes but from the Sky forums I've discovered you can have one bluetooth pair remote and another remote that uses IR. This is sufficent for me since I'll route the TV to the bedroom using a HDMI modulator that supports a magic eye so I'll be able to use an IR remote in the bedroom. Would the TV360 support one paired remote and one remote set up in IR mode?

I have a logitech harmony remote that uses IR to control my 360 box.  I can use that and the official remote at the same time, no issues.