cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing two remotes to new 360 box

jmkirk14
Tuning in

Good evening

I’ve seen previous posts about pairing multiple Bluetooth remotes to V6. I need to do the same with my new 360 box and second remote I’ve got from Virgin. ?? Stuck anyone got info how to do this or have done it. 
Thanks

70 REPLIES 70

You should have a paper with code list of TV and Cable/Sky boxes its with the manual inside the box, if not try googling your all in one remote and manual ie universal remote urc7125 manual.

This is the set up instructions for the urc7125:

https://manuals.plus/one-for-all/universal-remote-urc7125-manual

also urc7145:

https://manuals.plus/one-for-all/urc7145-evolve-4-universal-remote-control-manual

you can also download the official instructions here: https://www.oneforall.co.uk/support

Usually its this one here:

UPC / Cablecom / Ziggo / Virgin Media /
Telenet

So just find whatever code number the Ziggo or Virgin media is listed under, I think on mine it was 10 but yours might be 0

if that does not work you can try thomson/TCL code or technisat code, but usually Ziggo/VM code is the one that worked for myself.

@Rayek22 

I initially also had the same idea to get a BT type remote, but the VM engineer mentioned with the new remote its using "RF4CE" signal, not even sure if that is BT type but google suggest its another type of radio wave signal.

So its not much help, I did not want to go through buying several BT remotes to test this theory out, if you do buy something like that sofabaton remote or any other remotes make sure you can return it and get your money back if it does not work. You can see from reviews even that £200 Sofabaton is hit and miss on the amazon reviews.

And even then that £200 remote I could not see a voice button!? I think as suggested previously the all in one remotes for £10-15 suddenly appear cheaper and easier for a work around fix here, ebay does some ones for around that price tag but amazon are decent and better for easier returns.

My family are slowly adjusting to using the all in one remote, but they do sometimes notice the all in ones won't control all TV features like accessing Source and TV media player to playback media files like videos and photos, so one has to press TV button to kind of flick the all in one to say its now in pure TV mode and then those buttons and features work as normal..... you then have to remember to press the TV icon button to make it go back to Dual TV/STB mode, I see family forgetting to switch back to dual mode and getting frustrated. Wish they could just not make it so the remote worked on all buttons and features but its the best one can do for now.

Sky fixed this issue apparently, but theres was BT signal and using the 2nd remote but you lose the voice/mic option.

oliverb
On our wavelength

So the universal remote urc7125 is an alternative/workaround for having multiple remotes controlling the TV360 unit but I presume this is IR and so can only control the T V360 if in line of sight or via an IR blaster?

I presume there is no alternative using RF or BT?

No there are no RF\BT options. An IR blaster is probably the only option, or a remote similar to the Harmony Elite (if they still made them!) which has a hub that will act as an IR blaster and which the remote then connects to via RF\BT.

oliverb
On our wavelength

ty for replying ... I am going to see what I can do with the urc7125, homeassistant and a broadlink (IR) receiver

I have read this ongoing saga with interest and like most find it unbelievable that there is a technical limitation that stops you having more than one Bluetooth Remote with the 360 Box! Anyway I have sort of solved the problem with the SofaBaton U1 which works fairly well using IR but I would so much more like to use it in Bluetooth mode. Unfortunately the unit is not listed in the manual and I have been unable to link it by pairing as clearly it does not yet know how to send the right pairing key press.

So I wonder has anyone here been clever enough to workout a way to get the Bluetooth mode working?

Thanks for reading this Andy

Topbloke
Up to speed

Not 100% sure its possible since the VM support guy told me its not possible to do 2 remotes due to the RF4CE signal.

The all in one remote urc7125 was just the cheapest and quickest way to get around the issue but again the microphone is like an RF4CE or Bluetooth type feature so its the main feature that will be missing.

The technology and ability is clearly still there with the V6 box since virgin media did have 2 proper VM V6 remotes working with one box before 360 update but due to the microphone feature it broke it, I would imagine software updates maybe able to fix this or work around it, Sky apparently fixed this issue.

But that would involve an VM software engineer to add this feature and those engineers don't appear to exist around here or take onboard customers feedback so you have to do everything yourself or find work arounds.

You may have success with other BT/IR type remotes like the Sofabaton, but tbh if you got it and can program it you would be the best person to try a work around.

Yes thanks for the info and I certainly will repost should I find the way around it.

BTW the voice command is not of great issue to me I just want the ability to control everything from a single remote using Bluetooth on a Virgin box that is hidden out of side, as I do with my Firestick.   

Yeah BT would make it easier and possible to work around, but I don't think its even BT the vm guy that told me on reddit the new 360 system uses RF4CE signal instead, never even heard of it.

Still its worth a try I have no way of confirming if that is correct.

Apparently, there is NO way a 2nd remote can be paired to the 360 box. Virgin said so. I got a One for all remote, which I managed to partially pair to the box, but it only works for volume, hdmi switch and on/off. You cannot change channels with it. So there you have it. Why Virgin thought it was a good idea to allow only one remote to pair with the box is beyond me. A very stupid idea.