cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy 360 box

Mattswe
Joining in

Just moved over from sky to virgin. Got a 360 box that constantly makes a noise even when in standby. I'm finding it really annoying and can hear it sometimes even when watching TV. Is this normal?

4 REPLIES 4

Mattswe
Joining in

I've found a solution. Noise of the box was driving me mad. Go to settings and adjust start up mode to eco. Turn off. After about 5 mins the box will completely shut down and bring silence again. Will take a while to start up,  but worth it if the noise is affecting you. 

Forget that. Looks like it was rebooting. It's turned itself back on and is still noisy. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A TV box that's restarting of its own accord anything more than occasionally and overnight, has a fault somewhere.

You can call that in, or wait for the forum staff to pick this post up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mattswe 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having and that you feel this way 😔

Would you describe the noise as being clicking/clunking/whirring?

If so, can you please advise if you're experiencing recording or playback issues?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your support @japitts 👍

Regards,
Daniel