cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No tv signal

pr1234
On our wavelength

When I turn my TV and 360 box on just saying no signal tried all the usual things to rectify it but still nothing different cable switching on and off again 

22 REPLIES 22

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is there an error code alongside this "no signal" error? If it's being generated by your TV360 box, there should be. If not, it could be an error generated by your TV to report no incoming signal on the selected HDMI port.

What are "all the usual things" you've tried thus far - you've not said so no-one else knows!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

pr1234
On our wavelength

No error code and I've changed hdmi lead tried another TV and it was working yesterday reset TV and the virgin box and router but still nothing checked the other cables into box and TV 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a photo of the error message? I suspect it's from your TV rather than TV360, and the advice for dealing with each varies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

pr1234
On our wavelength

It can't be TV I have tried other tvs and still no signal 

pr1234
On our wavelength

And I can play my PlayStation on the same hdmi lead and through the same hdmi port on the TV 

pr1234
On our wavelength

There is also a TV fault in my area that might be the cause but I can't confirm that till I can speak to virgin media 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can use the "edit post" option to avoid the need for multiple short replies.

From your latest posts, it sounds like your TV360 box is potentially not giving a video output, and this error is your TV reporting no HDMI signal on the selected input. If you restart your TV360, does your TV display the "welcome" & "Starting up" screens?

Without seeing the details of the area fault, I strongly suspect it's completely irrelevant to your issue.

pr1234
On our wavelength

17094053241507656825062930754786.jpg

 restarted multiple times and still this and as I did say I have changed tvs and still this no welcome screen and on other TV says no signal so to me it's from the box to virgin media 

I agree with japitts that the area fault isn't anything to do with your problem or there would be more people posting about this, if the light on the box is changing from red to white (or pinkish white with my box) and you don't get the starting up message then it does sound like the video output has failed. If the box was booting up Ok and it was just live TV you would be able to press the Home button and see the menu.

Still waiting for your picture to clear.