cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New remote control won’t pair with tv box

BBRIFLCL
Tuning in

I received a brand new tv remote control today, and have tried numerous times to pair it with my tv box by following the screen prompts but without success. I have even attempted using 2 different sets of batteries thinking that maybe those supplied with the remote could be dead, but nothing.

The screen prompts are: Press tv button and rewind button for ten seconds, then press tv button and 0 button for ten seconds and tv box light should flash and then work, but all that happens is the red light on the box stays on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @BBRIFLCL 

I've moved your post from the V6 forum to the 360 forum.   The pairing sequence you have described is for the 360 box, and your previous posts also indicate that you have a 360 box.

Please can you try the following method:-

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds. (That's the button that is showing the red light)        Then using the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds.  Fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @BBRIFLCL 

I've moved your post from the V6 forum to the 360 forum.   The pairing sequence you have described is for the 360 box, and your previous posts also indicate that you have a 360 box.

Please can you try the following method:-

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds. (That's the button that is showing the red light)        Then using the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds.  Fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your message. I have done as you said, and got a message telling me that the pairing was successful followed by a Virgin loop of programs, series, films etc. Unfortunately nothing happens when I press any of the buttons on the remote, other than the small light in the top corner of the remote does flash. The light on the box is now showing steady white. The only way I can change channels is by using the - or + buttons on the front of the box. Do I need to do something else now in order for the remote to function properly?

Thanks.

Any advice following my earlier reply?

Hi BBRIFLCL,

What was the problem with your old remote, if it was the same as this it might be your 360 box that needs replacing. If the old remote works to some degree you could try repairing that back to the 360 by doing the remote factory reset and pairing to see if it still works and if it does you could then try the new one again and if it still doesn't work it must be faulty.

If you do need another remote you can use the TVGO app while you are waiting, or if your TV has a smart remote you might be able to pair that to the 360 box, my LG smart remote is paired to the 360 using Ziggo set-top box. You might need Ziggo Mediabox Next depending on the TV.

Thanks for your reply roy247, but the old remote is beyond repair.

The dog decided it would be fun new toy to play with while we were out, and it was in several chewed pieces when we got home 😟

Any other suggestions you, or anyone else may have would be more than welcome!

Not exactly ‘Tech Savvy’ but I’ll give it a go.

Thanks again.

It's possible that the new remote is faulty, it uses IR for the pairing and then switches to RF.

If you do have a Smart remote with your TV and can pair that to the 360 it will use IR.

Weird!

Light on front of tv box changed from steady white to steady red. Presumably it turned itself off.

Picked up remote and pressed on off button and box has come to life and remote now works no problem 🤔. Oh well, all’s well that ends well.

Thanks to all for help and suggestions.